Mass delete products

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 8 months ago #165758

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1

Hello,

On oneart.ro I have many products, and some of them must be erased.

I want to know if I can do that using a csv import of some sort.

And I want to erase the products including their pictures.

Please help me with a solution.

Thank you!

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 8 months ago #165760

Hi,

Thanks to the mass actions, you can filter products based on a csv file and delete them.

So in the csv file, put the ids of the products to delete, use this csv file in the "filter" part of the mass actions, and in the "action" select "Delete the elements".

Regarding the images, they are not deleted automatically, in some configurations images can be used by many products that's why we don't have this kind of action.

To delete the images, you can do that via FTP in the folder "media/com_hikashop/upload".

9 years 8 months ago #165890

Thank you !

9 years 7 months ago #167969

Hello,

I tried to delete as you mentioned with the mass actions menu.

2 Problems:
1) It took around 40 minutes after i clicked on "New" Mass action for the next page to appear.
2) After it appeared, i uploaded the csv with the ID's and selected delete the elements, I saved the action and then clicked on "Process".
It said something like this:

Notice
The line 'ABS00006' could not be imported Product not found
The line 'ABS00007' could not be imported Product not found

After that I went to look at the products and export a few of them to see if i have the correct product id. This is a part of the export:
product_id product_parent_id
2912148 ABS00006

So it looks like I have the product parent id's in my csv.

I don't have the product id's - probably those were generated automatically by the system? I don't quite remember because I uploaded the products more than a year ago.

How can I erase the products based on product_parent_id's?

Because I have another problem, each product has about 10 variations and for each variation the product_id is different, but the product_parent_id is the same.

And I have over 10.000 products I need to erase out of over 100.000.

Thank you and waiting for your reply.

9 years 7 months ago #167983

Hi,

1. It should not take so much time to open the mass action view. Don't you have system plugin which can interfere, or something like that ?

2. For the "product not found" message, do you have checked the checkbox "Save the products on Mass Action csv import" in the filter part after csv options ?

The product ids are created automatically if not already existing, from what I see in your export, there is the product id and the parent product id (which is in reality the product code).

To erase products based on the product parent id, you can filter on "product columns" and "product_parent_id".
It's normal to have a different product_id for each variations, everything must be unique.

Before any operations, don't forget to make backups. :)

9 years 5 months ago #176191

Hello again.

To answer your question (sorry for the long delay) - No, there is no plugin to interfere, it's just that i have really A lot of products.

I've just renewed my business subscription, updated to the latest version and checked again - it takes ages!

Anything related to Mass Actions takes a very very long time. Because of this I can't even test different things to see if they work.

So I'm requesting your assistance in this matter.

Please tell me how to send you my access details so you can have a look at it.

Thank you!

9 years 5 months ago #176225

Hi,

You can send it via private message, or via our contact form.
Don't forget to give the url of that topic.

9 years 5 months ago #176323

Hello,

I've sent you all details in PM including the link to the CSV file with the parent id's i'm trying to delete.

The website is hosted on a Ubuntu 14.04 server, 4 GB of ram and 4 Cores of an i7.

If it hangs (as it does to me) just let me know via mail or here and I can restart mysql. Everytime I access Mass Actions it goes into 100% CPU on mysqld.

If I wait long enough 10-60 minutes, the process will finish or it will crash.

I tried on multiple servers and the same happens.

Take into account that the DB is around 2-3GB.
The website works fine, even searching based on keywords in the front end works fine, actually everyting works fine, except Mass Actions.

9 years 5 months ago #176330

Hi,

You have maybe an error in one of the massaction plugins.
Could you try to update to the latest version in order to see if that solve the problem ?

9 years 5 months ago #176400

What do you mean update? I updated to the latest hikashop business 3 days ago. Is there a newer version?

9 years 5 months ago #176435

Guys, when did the hikashop support start being so slow and superficial?

I sent you all the login details and 13 hours later you tell me "maybe" I should update. Nobody bothered to login into the website to check any versions, any errors, etc.

I replied exactly 1 minute after that suggestion saying that I have the latest version freshly updated already and 11 hours later I'm still waiting for a response.

This is disappointing.

p.s. and I also mentioned 2 days ago, in my original post that I just updated to the latest version - and then it took 2 days for you to tell me that maybe I should update.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by lex131.

9 years 5 months ago #176440

Hi,

Our system, put the new answers at the end of the queue, so we don't see them until we answered to the more recent answers.

I bothered to login into the website, done some tests, disabling the massaction plugins (not the system one) allow a fast loading of the page, but once we publish one of the mass action plugins, it is very slow.

So I think that there is an error in one of the plugin which is causing a loop or something like that. We don't have the issue on our end, and when opening a mass action there is no triggers called, so nothing executed. The page load should be as fast in a heavy DB as in a light one.

Maybe a plugin file is corrupted, that's why I asked to update it, more than thant we just released a new version of HikaShop which contains several fixes for the mass action system.

Have you tried to open a mass action on a website with a light DB ?

ps: you answered two months later ;)

9 years 5 months ago #176515

Thank you, now this is a complete and usefull answer. If I go to Hikashop - Update / About - it says I have the latest version, although it's not and although I just updated.

I didn't know you logged in and disabled some mass actions plugins so after your previous-previous topic where you just mentioned plugins I went and enabled all of them (thought it would make a difference) - now I know it was you who disabled them, I thought I missed some steps and forgot to enable them after installation.

I will update and try again and will be back with an answer shortly.

9 years 5 months ago #176516

I updated and 15 minutes ago I clicked on New mass action and I'm still waiting. The page to create a new mass action hasn't appeared and the page is still processing.

p.s. after i updated this message appeared:
Plugin HikaShop Adyen payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop Google Wallet payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop PayFast payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop PayGate payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop Platron payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin installed successfully
Plugin HikaShop Google Dynamic Remarketing (conversion tracking) plugin installed successfully
Plugin Hikashop Social Networks plugin installed successfully

There's no mention of Mass Action plugins...

9 years 5 months ago #176571

Hi,

Please provide a FTP access.

With the browser console I am not able to find anything, no informations are displayed under the "Network" tab, or the "debug" one...

So I will add test, checkpoints in the php files directly to see where it's taking time to load..

You can send the access via private message, or contact form with the url of that topic in the message.

9 years 5 months ago #176664

I sent by PM ftp access. In case you get no ping into that IP, please try again later - today and tomorrow the forecast is bad at my location, storms and stuff like that and the power was out today for example for about 4 hours :).

Thank you!

9 years 5 months ago #176738

Hi,

Yes I am indeed not able to connect now. I will try again later.
Please remind me in few hours or on monday.

9 years 5 months ago #176739

But it works right now! I'm on it via FTP and on the website. Please check again it hasn't shutdown for 1 second since I sent you the access details yesterday!!

Try Secure FTP, port 33, IP: 93.115.15.187

9 years 5 months ago #176742

Hi,

I was actually trying on secure port "33", I tried too with "21".
When trying with "33" I get a message saying that I can't establish a FTP connection to a SFTP server, I have to use an appropriate protocol.
When trying on "21", nothing happening, timeout.

9 years 5 months ago #176802

I really have no idea what to do.

I tried from several IP's, i tried filezilla and winSCP - everything works. I connect with all from all IP's.

In filezilla i entered sftp://93.115.15.187 on port 33 and it works perfectly.

Is there an extension I can install in Joomla for you to use like instead of an FTP ?

Or please try SSH connection on the same port with the same user and pass using putty. You have Midnight Commander (mc) installed and can do anything you like. I really wanted this to be fixed by the weekend so in the weekend I could work on the website...

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds