- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Custome Order Statuses
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- :
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
I'm wanting to edit my Order Status Messages and feel I've read enough in the forums to tackle it. However, when I go into CPAnel to edit the PHP files I see multiple version of each message.
Example: Order Notification, there are three extensions (TXT, PRELOAD and HTML):
What the differences for each and which ones should I be editing???
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You have to edit the HTML version of the email to add some custom text.
But in your case I thing that you just have to make a translation override on the key: ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO
Here is some documentation which explain how to change a text translation:
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
You can too edit the preload file in order to change the text key depending on the order status thanks to an if/else condition, and then add new translation keys in the language file but it require some PHP knowledge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I do not have the PRO version.
Xavier wrote: Hi,
You have to edit the HTML version of the email to add some custom text.
But in your case I thing that you just have to make a translation override on the key: ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO
Here is some documentation which explain how to change a text translation:
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
You can too edit the preload file in order to change the text key depending on the order status thanks to an if/else condition, and then add new translation keys in the language file but it require some PHP knowledge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Regarding the text customization you'll be able to do it by editing your translation file, and for your logo, you'll probably have to add it through the code of the file : "media\com_hikashop\mail\order_admin_notification.html.php"
Note that if you directly edit this file, you'll loose your customization if when you'll update your Hikashop version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When a customer places an order they are automatically sent an email (mine is set to "confirmed"). In that email I want to customize the text (IE: Header: Hi Steve Jobs, Thank you for your order......AND Footer: Your order will be processed....").
I have found the PHP files in my File Manager. Which files do I edit? There are 3 (html, preload and txt). And which ones are for the "Confirmed" email ("Order Creation" or "Order Notification")?
Then once I'm ready to ship the product I go to Orders/ Email and this brings up the SHIPPED Email box. I can manually edit this email, but do not want to do it manually on EVERY order. So all the above questions apply to this as well. PLUS I can't find any PHP files that are called SHIPPED.
Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated. This is the last remaining task to get my HikaShop setup!!!!
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can edit everything here. The one used when an order is shipped is probably order_status_notification.
And the file you want to edit are the .html.php ones.
I hope this helped
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Note that if you want to edit the subject line of your order status notification email for example, you'll just have to do it through your translation file by editing this translation word : ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.