- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Files are corrupt after download
9 years 9 months ago #257626
by Real
Files are corrupt after download was created by Real
Dear supporters and members,
I'm currently facing an issue with downloaded virtual goods like media files.
They're playing just fine when I download them via FTP, yet the exact same files that have been purchased and downloaded won't play anywhere.
It seems like the Hikashop way of handling those files changes something inside the actual files, rendering them useless.
I really need assistance here since I can't process each download manually.
Thank you very much in advance,
VoReal
I'm currently facing an issue with downloaded virtual goods like media files.
They're playing just fine when I download them via FTP, yet the exact same files that have been purchased and downloaded won't play anywhere.
It seems like the Hikashop way of handling those files changes something inside the actual files, rendering them useless.
I really need assistance here since I can't process each download manually.
Thank you very much in advance,
VoReal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257629
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Files are corrupt after download
Hi,
It could come from several things.
If the files are big, it could come from a limitation of your hosting, like a memory limit or a max execution time limit.
So try with a small file to confirm that.
If it doesn't work with a small file, then the problem is likely to be an encoding or gzip compression issue.
Try turning off the gzip compression in the Joomla configuration, and make sure that you don't have some specific rules in your htaccess to force the compression based on the file extension, or similar rules in your apache server settings.
It could also be a warning/notice from a third party extension so turn off the "error reporting" in the Joomla configuration.
One thing is sure is that it's not HikaShop itself modifying the file when sending it to you.
It could come from several things.
If the files are big, it could come from a limitation of your hosting, like a memory limit or a max execution time limit.
So try with a small file to confirm that.
If it doesn't work with a small file, then the problem is likely to be an encoding or gzip compression issue.
Try turning off the gzip compression in the Joomla configuration, and make sure that you don't have some specific rules in your htaccess to force the compression based on the file extension, or similar rules in your apache server settings.
It could also be a warning/notice from a third party extension so turn off the "error reporting" in the Joomla configuration.
One thing is sure is that it's not HikaShop itself modifying the file when sending it to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds