Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #183615
by Urbinati
Dreamlord Press
www.dreamlordpress.it
Roleplaying Games in the new era
Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec was created by Urbinati
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting/
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.35
Hi,
I have two different joomla sites:
www.dreamlodpress.it
www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting
All the same software (PHP, Joomla, Hikashop).
Activated Paypal payment plug-in
It works for both if I use the urls as they are.
If I redirect www.rpgmeeting.com to www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting , and call Paypal from there, Paypal shows a blank page.
This is only if I mask the URL.
If I just redirect (so I actually call paypal from www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting ) then it works fine.
How can I keep paypal usability from www.rpgmeeting.com ?
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.35
Hi,
I have two different joomla sites:
www.dreamlodpress.it
www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting
All the same software (PHP, Joomla, Hikashop).
Activated Paypal payment plug-in
It works for both if I use the urls as they are.
If I redirect www.rpgmeeting.com to www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting , and call Paypal from there, Paypal shows a blank page.
This is only if I mask the URL.
If I just redirect (so I actually call paypal from www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting ) then it works fine.
How can I keep paypal usability from www.rpgmeeting.com ?
Dreamlord Press
www.dreamlordpress.it
Roleplaying Games in the new era
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Urbinati.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #183618
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Hi,
What is the URL of the blank page ? What do you get on the screen just before that blank page ? Could you provide a screenshot ?
What is the URL of the blank page ? What do you get on the screen just before that blank page ? Could you provide a screenshot ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #183702
by Urbinati
Dreamlord Press
www.dreamlordpress.it
Roleplaying Games in the new era
Replied by Urbinati on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Hi,
Now www.rpgmeeting.org has redirect+mask (not working), while www.rpgmeeting.com has redirect (no mask, working)
Thing is rpgmeeting.org seems not going anywhere (URL remains the same), while rpgmeeting.com (actually dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting/) goes to paypal (there's another problem with invoices already payed but paypal actually responds).
Here's the blank page:
And here's "viewsource" of the blank page:
Now www.rpgmeeting.org has redirect+mask (not working), while www.rpgmeeting.com has redirect (no mask, working)
Thing is rpgmeeting.org seems not going anywhere (URL remains the same), while rpgmeeting.com (actually dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting/) goes to paypal (there's another problem with invoices already payed but paypal actually responds).
Here's the blank page:
And here's "viewsource" of the blank page:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>rpgmeeting.org</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://www.dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>
<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 01 -->
<!-- -->
</html>
Dreamlord Press
www.dreamlordpress.it
Roleplaying Games in the new era
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Urbinati.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #183868
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Hi,
How did you do the redirect exactly ?
Also, what do you have in the URL setting of the paypal payment plugin ?
How did you do the redirect exactly ?
Also, what do you have in the URL setting of the paypal payment plugin ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #193742
by RosenMcStern
Replied by RosenMcStern on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Sorry for the late reply. I am taking ownership of the problem from NIcola Urbinati - he did not reply because he was waiting for info from me.
The non-working redirect is done via "Forward with masking" option at domain manager level (GoDaddy). Essentially each nameserver request replaces "rpgmeeting.org" with "dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting" but keeps the original URL in the browser.
Paypal URL
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Paolo Guccione
The non-working redirect is done via "Forward with masking" option at domain manager level (GoDaddy). Essentially each nameserver request replaces "rpgmeeting.org" with "dreamlordpress.it/rpgmeeting" but keeps the original URL in the browser.
Paypal URL
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Paolo Guccione
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193754
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Hi,
I did a full test on rpgmeeting.org and I was correctly redirected to PayPal at the end of the checkout:
take.ms/y8Nsh
So either you found already a solution or I didn't understand what was the problem ?
I did a full test on rpgmeeting.org and I was correctly redirected to PayPal at the end of the checkout:
take.ms/y8Nsh
So either you found already a solution or I didn't understand what was the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #193849
by RosenMcStern
Replied by RosenMcStern on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Now THIS is weird.
I have redone the exact same thing with the exact same product, and I got a blank page. There are two differences though: you used Chrome while I used Mozilla, and I see a "shipping&handling" fee that should not be there. That product is only available at "zero shipping fee".
I have redone the exact same thing with the exact same product, and I got a blank page. There are two differences though: you used Chrome while I used Mozilla, and I see a "shipping&handling" fee that should not be there. That product is only available at "zero shipping fee".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193966
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal shows blank page when called from redirec
Hi,
So I did a test with FireFox and I got the blank page too:
take.ms/gNzSa
And you can see the issue there.
FireFox refuses to load the PayPal payment page because it is in an iframe. So the issue is with the "redirect" system you use with your website URL.
One solution you could try is to add an attribute target="_blank" to the line:
<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $this->payment_params->url;?>" method="post">
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php
so that it would open the payment page of PayPal on a new tab, avoiding the issue of having the PayPal payment page inside an iframe.
So I did a test with FireFox and I got the blank page too:
take.ms/gNzSa
And you can see the issue there.
FireFox refuses to load the PayPal payment page because it is in an iframe. So the issue is with the "redirect" system you use with your website URL.
One solution you could try is to add an attribute target="_blank" to the line:
<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $this->payment_params->url;?>" method="post">
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php
so that it would open the payment page of PayPal on a new tab, avoiding the issue of having the PayPal payment page inside an iframe.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds