- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Required payment information based on address field
9 years 4 months ago #269847
by prathers
Required payment information based on address field was created by prathers
I'm searching for at way to force the customer to enter specific required information, based on selected payment method.
For public institution, it's required that the invoice is shiped through a digital portal, and for that reason, I need the ID (named EAN) from the public customer.
Case: I've created a payment method, type 'HikaShop collect on delivery payment plugin' and named it 'EAN'. The customer select EAN as payment method and before submitting the order, I want the system to force the customer to enter the EAN number. Either in a specific form field, or make an address field required, if customer select 'EAN'.
Is there a way?
For public institution, it's required that the invoice is shiped through a digital portal, and for that reason, I need the ID (named EAN) from the public customer.
Case: I've created a payment method, type 'HikaShop collect on delivery payment plugin' and named it 'EAN'. The customer select EAN as payment method and before submitting the order, I want the system to force the customer to enter the EAN number. Either in a specific form field, or make an address field required, if customer select 'EAN'.
Is there a way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #269848
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Required payment information based on address field
Hi,
Yes. Instead of using the "collect on delivery" payment method, use the "purchase order" payment method.
That way, the customer will have a field to fill for that payment method and no field otherwise.
Yes. Instead of using the "collect on delivery" payment method, use the "purchase order" payment method.
That way, the customer will have a field to fill for that payment method and no field otherwise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #269895
by prathers
Replied by prathers on topic Required payment information based on address field
Thanks Nicolas - that did the trick!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #272744
by prathers
Replied by prathers on topic Required payment information based on address field
Hi again,
New challenge - this time shipping method.
I'm looking for a way to make a required field available, if customer choose a specific shipping method. In case of B2B shopping, our shipping provider demands a VAT registration number to proove they are a valid company. All I want is to force the customer to type in their VAT number, if they choose a B2B shipping method - no other validation on the field than *required?
It it possible?
New challenge - this time shipping method.
I'm looking for a way to make a required field available, if customer choose a specific shipping method. In case of B2B shopping, our shipping provider demands a VAT registration number to proove they are a valid company. All I want is to force the customer to type in their VAT number, if they choose a B2B shipping method - no other validation on the field than *required?
It it possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #272747
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Required payment information based on address field
Hi,
There is no option for that.
That would require some custom development.
There is no option for that.
That would require some custom development.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds