- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Hikashop PayPal plugin is not triggering paypal notifications
- pixelkraft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 7 months ago #315556
by pixelkraft
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome / Doesn't matter
Hi!
I have a strange issue with the paypal plugin.
We are currently developing the shop so I am using the paypal sandbox mode.
Everything worked fine in January. Paypal would send a notification after a successful payment and the order state changed from pending to confirmed.
But since a week or so, it stopped working. We did not change anything. I am forwarded to paypal (sandbox), pay the order and get a confirmation message, but no notifications are sent to Hikashop and thus the order state won't change.
I've checked the apache logs and there are no paypal notifications anymore.
Then I've checked: Permissions of the hika shop menu items, charset, plugin settings, server firewall... But I just can't get it working again.
Is it possible that paypal did adjustments to their IPN or sandbox so it won't work with the hikahop plugin?
I attach you the plugin settings and the log. The notification to the array sent by Hikashop is missing.
In my sandbox notification I can see that the payment was successfully processed and paypal would send mails to merchant and customer.
As said before: it stopped working last week or so.
Thanks for your help!
Tim
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome / Doesn't matter
Hi!
I have a strange issue with the paypal plugin.
We are currently developing the shop so I am using the paypal sandbox mode.
Everything worked fine in January. Paypal would send a notification after a successful payment and the order state changed from pending to confirmed.
But since a week or so, it stopped working. We did not change anything. I am forwarded to paypal (sandbox), pay the order and get a confirmation message, but no notifications are sent to Hikashop and thus the order state won't change.

I've checked the apache logs and there are no paypal notifications anymore.
Then I've checked: Permissions of the hika shop menu items, charset, plugin settings, server firewall... But I just can't get it working again.
Is it possible that paypal did adjustments to their IPN or sandbox so it won't work with the hikahop plugin?
I attach you the plugin settings and the log. The notification to the array sent by Hikashop is missing.
In my sandbox notification I can see that the payment was successfully processed and paypal would send mails to merchant and customer.
As said before: it stopped working last week or so.
Thanks for your help!
Tim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315560
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop PayPal plugin is not triggering paypal notifications
Hi,
Please provide screenshots in English. It's hard for us to check what setting is which if it's not in English.
If you don't see the payment notifications in your apache access log, then you can rule out a lot of things. It can't be a menu item issue, or a charset issue, etc.
Normally, I would say that either the "allow notification" setting was turned off (so PayPal doesn't send the notifications), or the "enable validation mode" of the plugin was turned on (so that the payments need to be manually validated in the PayPal merchant account).
Looking at your screenshot, both options are correctly configured. So you shoudl check the settings of the merchant account on the PayPal sandbox website. Check that the payments are validated there, and check the IPN history area of the account. There, it will say what problem it had with the notifications. And if you don't see the notifications there, then check the settings of the account to make sure that the notifications are activated and the validation mode turned off.
Please provide screenshots in English. It's hard for us to check what setting is which if it's not in English.
If you don't see the payment notifications in your apache access log, then you can rule out a lot of things. It can't be a menu item issue, or a charset issue, etc.
Normally, I would say that either the "allow notification" setting was turned off (so PayPal doesn't send the notifications), or the "enable validation mode" of the plugin was turned on (so that the payments need to be manually validated in the PayPal merchant account).
Looking at your screenshot, both options are correctly configured. So you shoudl check the settings of the merchant account on the PayPal sandbox website. Check that the payments are validated there, and check the IPN history area of the account. There, it will say what problem it had with the notifications. And if you don't see the notifications there, then check the settings of the account to make sure that the notifications are activated and the validation mode turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pixelkraft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #315585
by pixelkraft
Replied by pixelkraft on topic Hikashop PayPal plugin is not triggering paypal notifications
Hi nicolas,
thanks for your reply. It seems that paypal is having problems with the IPN in sandbox accounts.
I found a thread in the paypal forum about this bug:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Envi...Sandbox/td-p/2022380
Seems like it was working for a day or two and then again stopped working. Since I changed nothing in my Hikashop config, I assume it's a paypal issue and will wait for them to fix it.
Best,
Tim
thanks for your reply. It seems that paypal is having problems with the IPN in sandbox accounts.
I found a thread in the paypal forum about this bug:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Envi...Sandbox/td-p/2022380
Seems like it was working for a day or two and then again stopped working. Since I changed nothing in my Hikashop config, I assume it's a paypal issue and will wait for them to fix it.
Best,
Tim
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by pixelkraft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds