- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Option to Pay at Pickup
3 years 7 months ago #349651
by Alex R
Option to Pay at Pickup was created by Alex R
Is there a payment plugin to be able to collect payment on pick up or should I just use one of the other ones and change the name/description
Pay by check, Pay by Purchase order?
Pay by check, Pay by Purchase order?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 7 months ago #349653
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Option to Pay at Pickup
Hi,
The payment plugin for that is called "collect on delivery". It is preinstalled with HikaShop.
That's one of the standard names of this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_on_delivery
The payment plugin for that is called "collect on delivery". It is preinstalled with HikaShop.
That's one of the standard names of this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_on_delivery
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #349678
by Alex R
Replied by Alex R on topic Option to Pay at Pickup
Thanks, Nicolas.
I was actually looking to use the option for people to pay when they pick up an item, rather than have the items delivered.
The use case scenario is a brick-and-mortar store that allows people to order online and then pay when they go pick it up at the store.
Is there anything like that?
I was actually looking to use the option for people to pay when they pick up an item, rather than have the items delivered.
The use case scenario is a brick-and-mortar store that allows people to order online and then pay when they go pick it up at the store.
Is there anything like that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #349679
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Option to Pay at Pickup
Hi,
You can use collect and delivery for that. Just change the name of the shipping method when you create it.
Also, you might want to change the text at the end of the checkout. You can do so with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Also, note that you have the "shipping address override" setting in the shipping method. And you can restrict the payment method based on the shipping method selected with the "shipping methods" setting of your payment methods.
You can use collect and delivery for that. Just change the name of the shipping method when you create it.
Also, you might want to change the text at the end of the checkout. You can do so with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Also, note that you have the "shipping address override" setting in the shipping method. And you can restrict the payment method based on the shipping method selected with the "shipping methods" setting of your payment methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #349706
by Alex R
Replied by Alex R on topic Option to Pay at Pickup
Thank you again.
In a situation where I want both the pay at delivery and the pay at pickup, then the easiest is to use a duplicate of the pay at delivery and change the title.
Regarding
Just so I understand, I should create a "Pickup" as a shipping method (using a duplicate of the manual shipping plugin) and in the shipping configuration only have this shipping method apply to the "pickup payment method.
I tried this and noticed that since the "shipping" price for pay at pick up is $0 the checkout shows "Free Shipping" is there a way to not display anything? I wonder if I can just alter the language from "Free shipping" to "No shipping fee"
In a situation where I want both the pay at delivery and the pay at pickup, then the easiest is to use a duplicate of the pay at delivery and change the title.
Regarding
Also, note that you have the "shipping address override" setting in the shipping method. And you can restrict the payment method based on the shipping method selected with the "shipping methods" setting of your payment methods.
Just so I understand, I should create a "Pickup" as a shipping method (using a duplicate of the manual shipping plugin) and in the shipping configuration only have this shipping method apply to the "pickup payment method.
I tried this and noticed that since the "shipping" price for pay at pick up is $0 the checkout shows "Free Shipping" is there a way to not display anything? I wonder if I can just alter the language from "Free shipping" to "No shipping fee"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #349708
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Option to Pay at Pickup
Hi,
That's correct.
I would also recommend a translation override to change that "free shipping" text if it's not adapted.
That's correct.
I would also recommend a translation override to change that "free shipping" text if it's not adapted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex R
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds