- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
not shown product image on facebook page
- penguinlvt
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
Hi,
When I share my product on facebook (copy product link and post on facebook), it's not show the product image. Such as this link: thienduongsanpham.com/index.php?option=c...i&Itemid=931&lang=vi
How can I share with product image? Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that the problem is that facebook's request to your website times out when it tries to retrieve the data from your page and thus it cannot find the image.
That page took my browser 1 minute and 20 seconds to load. That's way too much.
Just the processing of the full page took your server 6 second.
It mainly comes from the template which tries to load really big images on the page but it could also be that the server is slow or that you have too many extensions/modules/plugins installed and activated.
But it could also be because of the main image of the product:
thienduongsanpham.com/images/products//F.../20141022_180953.jpg
Loading it took my browser ages.
I would recommend to reduce its size. You don't need a 2.5MB jpg for that. A file 10 times smaller should be just fine if compressed properly.
Please also note that when you change something, you won't see the result directly as Facebook caches the data on his end so you'll have to wait a day before trying again and see if your changes helped.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
I am having the same problem trying to share my products on facebook. I also have the impression that the site is too slow as well despite the reduction of image sizes.
www.steampunkchucks.com/index.php/compon...imson-black?Itemid=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check this thread which contains a patch for the HikaShop social plugin.
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/874951-h...l-plugin.html#191230
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Warnings That Should Be Fixed
Mismatch og:url and canonical url og:url tag in the header is not the same URL as rel='canonical' link in the html.
These are the raw tags that we found
Meta Tag <meta property="og:title" content="Hades Napier" />
Meta Tag <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
Meta Tag <meta property="og:image" content=" www.steampunkchucks.com/images/com_hikashop/upload/napier3.jpg " />
Meta Tag <meta property="og:url" content=" www.steampunkchucks.com/index.php/compon...ades-napier?Itemid=0 " />
Meta Tag <meta property="og:description" content="Hades Napier" />
Meta Tag <meta property="og:site_name" content="SteamPunk Chucks" />
link www.steampunkchucks.com/index.php/compon...ades-napier?Itemid=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the report ; we will see to fix the issue for the "og:url" and the canonical.
But I don't think that this mismatch, which just create a warning, is the source of your issue.
When I tested the link for the image, I saw that the image is pretty big (in dimension and size)
It is possible that facebook is limiting on that, so it refuse to use a too big image.Dimensions : 2662 × 2340
File size : 1.5 MB
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
steampunkchucks.com/index.php/our-produc...oduct/382-hades-crow
When I place a product link on Facebook, it either does not load or it loads just the product description loads before I post it.
Using Facebook bebug, ( developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ ) when I debug a link I get the error as seen in my first image, when I click on fetch new scrape information, I get the second image below with a lot of the page description including an error "og:url tag in the header is not the same URL as rel='canonical' link in the html." In this case the image is only 272kb.
But then after I fetch new scrape information I can post the same link on Facebook as seen on image 3 and everything works.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've reviewed the thread, the page, the debugger data, etc.
Everything looks good the me. When you ask the debugger to scan the page, it finds the data. So it's not a problem with the way HikaShop is configured as far as I can see. Otherwise, it would never work.
It looks more like an issue with the retrieval process which apparently sometimes has a hard time loading the page or something.
I would recommend to contact directly facebook developers here developers.facebook.com/tools-and-support/ and see what they can tell you about the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there a HikaShop plugin to turn on schema.org/Product descriptions including the price,
as e. g. specified in yandex.com/support/webmaster/supported-schemas/goods-prices.xml ?
This would allow a crawler (Google bot, Yandex bot) to determine the prices from single product pages.
For now, on a page like shop.smartgart.com/ru/product/28-axis-p1214-e.html ,
I see entries like:
<meta property="og:title" content="Axis P1214-E (0533-001)"/> <meta property="og:type" content="product"/> <meta property="og:image" content=" shop.smartgart.com/media/com_hikashop/upload/axis_p1214-e.jpeg " /> shop.smartgart.com/ru/product/28-axis-p1214-e.html " />
best regards
Klaus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
These microdata attributes are already on the product page by default. You don't need any plugin.
take.ms/PQeVe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks if I get an answer!
fapor.hu/index.php/webaruhaz/product/dio-fatal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see the opengraph metadata on your page. This means that either the HikaShop Social Networks plugin is not enabled, or it is not configured to add the opengrapth metadata to your pages.
So please check the settings of that plugin in the Joomla plugins manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.