- Posts: 1184
- Thank you received: 13
Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
11 years 6 months ago #192644
by verzevoul
Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"]) was created by verzevoul
Hi!
I have problem with responsive and bootstrap.
I tried almost everything in the forum.
I even added twitter bootstrap plugin and copied all plugins/system/twbootstrap/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
into my yootheme css file, but the problem persist. If I change
.row-fluid [class*="span"]
display: block;
float: left;
width: 100%;
min-height: 30px;
margin-left: 2.564102564102564%; to 1,564102564102564%
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
box-sizing: border-box;
I get a better preview, but after some rows it goes on two columns. then again in three.
Can you please take a look.
Maybe its not your job here but I m exhausted some days now trying to fix it.
Thanks!
I have problem with responsive and bootstrap.
I tried almost everything in the forum.
I even added twitter bootstrap plugin and copied all plugins/system/twbootstrap/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
into my yootheme css file, but the problem persist. If I change
.row-fluid [class*="span"]
display: block;
float: left;
width: 100%;
min-height: 30px;
margin-left: 2.564102564102564%; to 1,564102564102564%
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
box-sizing: border-box;
I get a better preview, but after some rows it goes on two columns. then again in three.
Can you please take a look.
Maybe its not your job here but I m exhausted some days now trying to fix it.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #192647
by saturnales
Replied by saturnales on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
I had the same issue using Hikashop with the gantry framework.
Unhopefully, the margin-left is overrided by a script, then, changing-it in the css dont works.
Have you tried to fix the margin with "!important" to override the js ?
Can you send us a link to see your page ?
Unhopefully, the margin-left is overrided by a script, then, changing-it in the css dont works.
Have you tried to fix the margin with "!important" to override the js ?
Can you send us a link to see your page ?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by saturnales.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #192655
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
Neither Yootheme nor Gantry templates are built on Bootstrap. Both are using proprietary grid systems, Yootheme = UIkit, Gantry = rt-grid.
Stiil it's possible to get good results, fully responsive, etc. For a start, turn Bootstrap in HikaShop off - YT or Gantry cannot deal with Bootstrap 2 classes, anyway. For perfect results, a couple of views in HikaShop need to be edited to add those proprietary grid classes. A clear understanding of the grid systems, HTML and a little bit of PHP knowledge are required, or a frontend designer with these skills should be hired for these perfect results, and in case of "do-it-yourself", any detailed questions or trouble you should turn to the template providers and ask them. After all, no developer of extensions can prepare code for all the proprietary templates out there.
So, in any case, HikaShop can't be blamed or held "responsible". Joomla 3.x is built around Bootstrap 2, which HikaShop is compatible with - set it to Bootstrap and switch to the Joomla Protostar template for proof.
Stiil it's possible to get good results, fully responsive, etc. For a start, turn Bootstrap in HikaShop off - YT or Gantry cannot deal with Bootstrap 2 classes, anyway. For perfect results, a couple of views in HikaShop need to be edited to add those proprietary grid classes. A clear understanding of the grid systems, HTML and a little bit of PHP knowledge are required, or a frontend designer with these skills should be hired for these perfect results, and in case of "do-it-yourself", any detailed questions or trouble you should turn to the template providers and ask them. After all, no developer of extensions can prepare code for all the proprietary templates out there.
So, in any case, HikaShop can't be blamed or held "responsible". Joomla 3.x is built around Bootstrap 2, which HikaShop is compatible with - set it to Bootstrap and switch to the Joomla Protostar template for proof.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #192658
by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
Lousyfool, nobody blames hika for that,
Just asking for help.
by the way I change to protostar and I still have the same issues.
Just asking for help.
by the way I change to protostar and I still have the same issues.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by verzevoul.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #192672
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
Help is sometimes possible even for proprietary "frameworks" (I've been happily able to help someone with a Gantry case here only a few hours ago - see
here
), but again, more specific questions regarding these frameworks, or on "issues caused" by them and individual templates and their HTML/CSS can be best responded to by the template providers, obviously.
You might have included a link to your site in the "secret" area which I can't see (I'm sure that the "official" support here will take a look at it then), but generally, more can only be said if the site can be seen. If it's the same problem in Protostar as well, perhaps you can then apply the Protostar style to one menu item only (can be a hidden one if the site is "live" already), so one can see that as well and eventually even compare.verzevoul wrote: by the way I change to protostar and I still have the same issues.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by lousyfool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #192676
by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
just pm you url.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #192681
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
@verzevoul:
I don't see a HikaShop CSS loaded on your site. You're missing the following code as present e.g. in HikaShop's frontend_default.css:
Add it to your CSS, and all columns/rows will be fine - at least in Protostar.
I don't see a HikaShop CSS loaded on your site. You're missing the following code as present e.g. in HikaShop's frontend_default.css:
Code:
.row-fluid .hikashop_product_column_1, .row-fluid .hikashop_category_column_1,
.row-fluid-7 .hikashop_product_column_1, .row-fluid-7 .hikashop_category_column_1,
.row-fluid-8 .hikashop_product_column_1, .row-fluid-8 .hikashop_category_column_1,
.row-fluid-10 .hikashop_product_column_1, .row-fluid-10 .hikashop_category_column_1,
.row .hikashop_product_column_1, .row .hikashop_category_column_1 {
margin-left: 0 !important;
clear:left;
}
Add it to your CSS, and all columns/rows will be fine - at least in Protostar.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by lousyfool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #192683
by verzevoul
Replied by verzevoul on topic Responsive (.row-fluid [class*="span"])
Ei man!!!
Thank you very much. That was the case. I had none style in hika. It works with yootheme now!!!
Thank you very much. That was the case. I had none style in hika. It works with yootheme now!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds