Tags issues

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #300459

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ngaanyatjarraku.wa.gov.au/index.php/tour...ategory/12-paintings
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : IE 11, FF 63.0.1

Hi,
I have been 'playing' with tags in the HikaShop all afternoon and while this is a very nice feature, I have 2 problems that I can't seem to solve despite reading just about everything on the subject matter that google brings up.
1) In the product display where the tags are listed below 'Add to cart', I would like to insert a title / heading (see images 'Product display with tags' and 'Product display with tags-2'). Is this possible and if yes, how can I do this?

2) When a tag is clicked and the list of products with the same tag is displayed, it doesn't show the thumbnail images of the products (see 'Tag results list' image.

I can 'Show' 'Item Description' in the Joomla Tag Components and they display in the list, but not the image thumbnails even though 'Item Images' are set to 'Show' (see 'Tags Options' image).

Given that the products are artworks, it would be really helpful if the thumbnails were displayed in the list so that visitors don't need to click on each link to get an idea of the painting.
Any help with these issues would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Jimmy

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #300463

Hi,

1. You can edit the file "show_block_tags" via the menu Display>Views and add your title at the beginning of the view file there.

2. There is no way to do that. That's because the tag system is in Joomla and the integration we made between HikaShop and the tag system of Joomla doesn't support images.

5 years 5 months ago #300498

Thanks very much Nicolas for the prompt replay!
I managed to add the title - it's always a matter of finding which file to edit...

The inability to add the thumbnails to the tag results list is a bit sad. And there really is no fancy code to be added somewhere to make this happen? Particularly given that the 'Item Description' is passed through when switched to 'Show'?

Best regards,
Jimmy

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #300503

Hi,

1. To know which view file to edit, you have the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration. I recommend to try activating it. It's a great help to know what to edit.

2. That would require doing some modifications in administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/tags.php
We tried to do it once but ultimately failed so we couldn't implement that capability. If you're able to code that, we would be happy to have a look at the code you used in order to add it by default.

5 years 5 months ago #300595

Thanks Nicolas! Excellent feature that "Display view files", now that I know what it does!
My php coding skills are rudimentary at best and I wouldn't attempt to figure out something that you have given up on. So it just lists the tags results without images - never mind.

Thank you.
Jimmy

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds