- Posts: 130
- Thank you received: 6
Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #300587
by dklbwf
Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing. was created by dklbwf
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.0
Hello Hikashop Fam,
I have a site that is 100% up to date with Joomla, Hikashop & SH404Sef and I am noticing hundreds of the following sample url:
www.revelprints.com/men/product/updateca...bi9jaGVja291dC5odG1s
Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere or something I am doing wrong to make these urls appear on backend when doing SEO report scans. I do have the cart module listed on the homepage. I have attached SH404 Hikashop setting, Hikashop seo setting and the screenshot of urls.
Thanks N Advance For Any Help
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.0
Hello Hikashop Fam,
I have a site that is 100% up to date with Joomla, Hikashop & SH404Sef and I am noticing hundreds of the following sample url:
www.revelprints.com/men/product/updateca...bi9jaGVja291dC5odG1s
Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere or something I am doing wrong to make these urls appear on backend when doing SEO report scans. I do have the cart module listed on the homepage. I have attached SH404 Hikashop setting, Hikashop seo setting and the screenshot of urls.
Thanks N Advance For Any Help
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by dklbwf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300588
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Hello,
Even if your website is up-to-date ; the "updatecart" URL is part of the legacy "add to cart" system.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#advanced_legacy
Legacy features are there to keep the retro-compatibility but in the same time, it does not allow you to use the latest features and improvements.
Regards,
Even if your website is up-to-date ; the "updatecart" URL is part of the legacy "add to cart" system.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#advanced_legacy
Legacy features are there to keep the retro-compatibility but in the same time, it does not allow you to use the latest features and improvements.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #300605
by dklbwf
Replied by dklbwf on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Hey Jerome!
Thanks so much for response, i just checked my settings and they are all set to off for "Checkout Legacy" & "Add To Cart Legacy". Should these both be turned on? I totally would like to make sure site is using all Hikashop new features.
Also can you recommend the best settings to use for SH404sef / Hikashop. Should it be joomla router or use default handler?
Thanks so much,
Thanks so much for response, i just checked my settings and they are all set to off for "Checkout Legacy" & "Add To Cart Legacy". Should these both be turned on? I totally would like to make sure site is using all Hikashop new features.
Also can you recommend the best settings to use for SH404sef / Hikashop. Should it be joomla router or use default handler?
Thanks so much,
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by dklbwf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300609
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Hello,
If I take a look at a product page source code, I cannot see any reference of the URL like the one you had.
The "add to cart" right have its right format
And regarding the cart module, the "return_url" parameter is right sent by POST data and not in the URL.
So, I don't know from where these URL are coming from. But it might be old/previous URL which are still referenced somewhere.
Regards,
If I take a look at a product page source code, I cannot see any reference of the URL like the one you had.
The "add to cart" right have its right format
Code:
href="/men/product/updatecart/add-1/product_id-6322.html"
Code:
o.xRequest("/men/product/cart/module_id-759/module_type-cart/tmpl-component.html", {update: el, mode:'POST', data:'return_url=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucmV2ZWxwcmludHMuY29tL21lbi9wcm9kdWN0cy9sb3ZlLXlvdXJzLW1lbi13aGl0ZS10ZWUuaHRtbA%3D%3D'}
So, I don't know from where these URL are coming from. But it might be old/previous URL which are still referenced somewhere.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300634
by dklbwf
Replied by dklbwf on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
okay would you be able to remote into my backend and check things out. I dont think I have many 3rd party plugins installed. Not sure what else to check out. thnx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300635
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Hi,
I don't think a backend access will help us check anything else.
When Jerome was talking about old URLs being referenced somewhere, he wasn't talking about somewhere on your website but on search engines. The plugins installed on your website or how your website is configured don't matter in that case.
The best would be to add the main folders of these URLs:
men/product/updatecart
women/product/updatecart
...etc...
and disallow their indexing in the robots.txt of your website so that search engines stop trying to index them.
I don't think a backend access will help us check anything else.
When Jerome was talking about old URLs being referenced somewhere, he wasn't talking about somewhere on your website but on search engines. The plugins installed on your website or how your website is configured don't matter in that case.
The best would be to add the main folders of these URLs:
men/product/updatecart
women/product/updatecart
...etc...
and disallow their indexing in the robots.txt of your website so that search engines stop trying to index them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300642
by dklbwf
Replied by dklbwf on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Ok thanks a bunch. Can you confirm the setting i should have for sh404sef hikashop config. Should it be joomla router or default handler?? Thnx again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300645
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hundreds Of Weird URL's appearing.
Hello,
The routing system has nothing to do with your current issue.
Regards,
The routing system has nothing to do with your current issue.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds