Move filters under the category description

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 8 months ago #309040

I am using product filters on a category page and I want them to appear after the category description. Is there a simple way to do this within Hikashop please? I have the following layout

but want to move the filter (as shown with the red border)

I can see in the overrides there is listing.php but I can't work out where the filter needs to be moved to, thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 8 months ago #309044

Hi,

If you have filters displayed on a categories listing, then the display will be:
- category description
- sub categories listing
- filters
- products listing
So supposing that you don't have sub categories, your page should already be like you want.
So I'm suspecting that the filters on your screenshot are actually not displayed by the menu item itself but by a HikaShop filter module which is configured to display on a postion above the main area. In that case, moving the module inside the main area below the description won't be possible with just options.
You would have to move the module to a position not used by your template and add custom code to the listing.php view file after the description to display the module there: joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/1054/...mla-module-using-php
Or with an extension: www.regularlabs.com/extensions/modulesanywhere
Note however that this can potentially break the new AJAX filter system of HikaShop 4.2.0 as the filter module is not supposed to be in the listing. So I would rather recommend the first option of having the menu item itself display the filters with the filters display setting of the menu item instead of using the module.
Note also that I'm saying all of this based on speculations. I would need more information to be able to better understand the situation and provide a precise solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds