how to show product by tag as a filter via content module

• Thank you received: 7
1 year 11 months ago #341444

hi
i want show some product and filter it by product's tag. i want use hikashop content module to show some product by predefined tag. is it possible? if no please some advise to develop my need to me.
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 11 months ago #341453

Hi,

Are you talking about the "tag" option available in each product edit form just above the "published" option ?
I don't know how that would be possible. The tag system of joomla is quite difficult to customize for other needs than what it can be used by default.

Instead of using that "tags" setting, you could create a custom product field of the type "multiple dropdown". That would allow you to have a similar selector with that custom field on the product edit form.
And then, you could create a HikaShop content module to display all the products.
And finally, you could develop a small plugin implementing the onBeforeProductListingLoad event of HikaShop to filter the products of that module based on the value(s) selected in the custom product field:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...reProductListingLoad

1 year 11 months ago #341462

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Are you talking about the "tag" option available in each product edit form just above the "published" option ?
I don't know how that would be possible. The tag system of joomla is quite difficult to customize for other needs than what it can be used by default.

yes. my mean is that option, tag just above in each product. the joomla tag system has some ACL and owner that can be has used by my future scenario.
i want to will have some vendor that i created some menu item for each vendor and want say to him use tag in each product that they defined and i set in (for example) 4 menu item to show only these tag. i can not figure out how to use product category or other ways.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 11 months ago #341469

So why not use categories for that ?
You can create products listing menu items and select the category you want in the "main category" setting of the menu item.
That way, the products listing will only display the products of that category.
Then, the vendor can select the category he wants the product to appear in in the "categories" setting of each product.
Is there a reason why this wouldn't work in your situation ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: sadaf3d

1 year 11 months ago #341491

in short it seems not problem because in hikashop you can set multi category for each product. but i was think is is not possible.
thank you and i go forward and if see problem come back here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds