custom product field is not shown on category listing, only on product page

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
1 year 2 months ago #348887

-- url of the page with the problem -- : latenttalent.org/cursus/creatief
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

This is already always but now before upgrading to Joomla 4 client wants a custom field to be displayed on the category listing on products page.
This is a field that we fill with some tekst info. But that field is NOT shown on listing page of all products in a category but it IS shown on single product page.
How to solve this because I believe I/v set everything. See attached images.

Products listing page missing field:

Settings in custom fields and menuitem:

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
1 year 2 months ago #348890

Hello,

In order to better understand elements, we need to see all your custom field settings in your screenshot.
You have to know that only item custom field will be displayed, and item CF purpose is to allow customer to provide information.

As you didn't details your need, we didn't know if that can fit your needs, and so can you explain with a concrete case this custom field purpose?

Regards

1 year 2 months ago #348900

Philip wrote: Hello,

In order to better understand elements, we need to see all your custom field settings in your screenshot.
You have to know that only item custom field will be displayed, and item CF purpose is to allow customer to provide information.

As you didn't details your need, we didn't know if that can fit your needs, and so can you explain with a concrete case this custom field purpose?

Regards

What I need is some extra text on the listing of all products page. So not only the title but also some text. Client does not need to fill text. The meaning is to display some extra info about the product.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13070
1 year 2 months ago #348901

Hi,

The "front-end listing" display setting of your custom field is turned off in your last screenshot of the custom field settings. Please turn it off and it should help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline

1 year 2 months ago #348907

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The "front-end listing" display setting of your custom field is turned off in your last screenshot of the custom field settings. Please turn it off and it should help.

I feel a littlebit stupid now, I searched all settings but I missed this one. Thanks. It works now, awesome.

I'll keep on trying!

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds