Free Shipping for one product + keep it free for the rest of the cart

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328699

Hello,

I have read throught the forum and documentation about free shipping for only one product.

I understand that I can do it with: a) two warehouses, b) Use price per produt option.

I cant create two warehouses because I have many products (mass actions will help in that) but i think " Use price per product " it is easier.

How I will use that option? For example, I want free shipping for some books. If the client adds other products that dont have free shpping, I would like to keep the free shipping in the checkout. I got confused in that part.

Also, I have two basic shipping methods. Free shipping with 50€+ and shipping with cost under 50€. Do I have to enable "Use price per product" in both? I understand that I need to enable it only in the second method, but I know if the shipping methods will be intacked.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 2 months ago #328725

Hello,

How I will use that option? For example, I want free shipping for some books. If the client adds other products that dont have free shipping, I would like to keep the free shipping in the checkout. I got confused in that part.

Can you give us more information about it ? Would you like to keep the free shipping for all the products in your cart or only for the "free shipping books" ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328740

Hello,

I would like to keep the free shipping for the rest of the cart if there is one book with free shipping, regardless the total amount of the cart.
For example, if the cart contains one book that has free shipping and one product from a different category i would like to send them free. But if the cart contains a book with no free shipping, shipping will go normaly and follow my general rules.

Thank you very much.

3 years 2 months ago #328761

Hello,

In that case, an easy solution can be to set :
- The "Weight" option of your free shipping books products to 10000 kg for example (a weight that shouldn't be reached using "normal" products)
- The "Minimum weight" option of your Free shipping method to 10000 kg

So that as soon as a "free shipping book" is added to the cart, the weight will at least be equals to 10000 kg. That way you'll easily configure it.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328775

Hello,

I cant do that because I have weight in my products and to sum it up for the total shipping.

3 years 2 months ago #328787

Hello,

I cant do that because I have weight in my products and to sum it up for the total shipping.

Can you give us more details about it ? If you're using manual shipping methods, adding weight to your "Free shipping books" shouldn't have any impact on your website.

Another solution can be to use warehouses, but that won't totally do the job in your case as the free shipping method will only be usable for "Free shipping books" products and the other product will have another shipping methods applied to them.

That's the same for the "Price per product" option as it won't totally do what you want.

The only solution would be to do it as advised in my previous message or to directly develop a custom shipping method which will do exactly what you need :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#shipping

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #328809

Hello,

I use manual shipping methods but I have weight in my products, so after some kg the shipping cost is changing per extra kilo. In general I have 4 shipping methods, 2 with till 3kg and 2 for 3kg+. In details: a) under xx€ plus 3kg- normal shipping, b) above xx€ plus 3kg+ weight shipping, c) under xx€ plus 3kg+ weight shipping, d) above xx€ and 3kg- normal shipping.

3 years 1 month ago #328834

Hello,

In that case a solution can be to use an auto-loaded coupon, you'll just have to :
- Create a new coupon via "Hikashop->Orders->Coupons"
- Set the "Auto load in cart if possible" option to YES
- Set the "Shipping percentage" to 100

- Make sure you have a "Coupon" step through your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Another solution can be to do the same things I advised you to do with the weight (1000kg) but with dimensions.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: zarahsharda

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #328851

Hello,

The solution with the coupon is working fine. I created one coupon that is loading only in the products that I want and calculated the shipping fee in that, as free.

Thank you very much!

• Hikashop Business
3 years 6 days ago #331041

Hello,

After our last conversation I set the option "Flat amount" to my shipping cost. For example if the shipping cost was 3.00€ I set it to 3.00€ so the client will pay -3.00€ at checkout. But in orders that have free shipping because they are above the order sum that I set in congifuration, the system removed the 3.00€ from the payment method (if the client has picked payment on delivery) as well. For example: client wants to pay on delivery for his order that is 50€. His order contains a book that has free shipping coupon. In my system he has free shipping (so no charge of the 3.00€) but 2.00€ due to payment on delivery. The system will remove 3.00€ from payment so the client will pay in his total order -1.00€.

In order to stop that, I set the value "Shipping percentage" to 100%. Now, the system only remove the shipping cost, regardless the payment method that clients have chosen.

But now there is another problem: order with many kilos that the client has to be charged the extra kilos. I have created a shipping method that covers the first 3kg and above that, any extra kg will be charged. So now the coupon removed all that extra charge by 100%.

My problem is the combination, in one order of a free shipping product (like one book) and heavy items (like A4 Paper). Can we combine coupon and shipping methods?

Thank you in advance.

• Thank you received: 13036
3 years 5 days ago #331063

Hi,

Well, the "shipping percentage" is calculated on the overhaul amount of the shipping. So regardless of the solution, you can't add extra fees on the shipping method since it will be removed by the coupon.
So either you don't use the "shipping percentage" or you add your extra fee with the payment method's "price" setting.
You could duplicate your payment methods and use the min/max weight of the payment methods to switch from one to the other based on the weight of the cart to add extra payment fees (that you could rename to extra weight shipping fee with a translation override).

The following user(s) said Thank You: zarahsharda

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds