Customer change shipping address after order confirmed

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 4 months ago #347436

Hi,

I have gone through documentation and forums and was wondering if the following is possible and I am missing something.

If a customer has placed an order but then wants to change the shipping address, after the order is placed is there function to do this?

So a user can change their shipping address up until the order has been marked as shipped?

They can change their default shipping address but this does not seem to update any orders yet shipped?

Thanks

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 4 months ago #347437

Hi,

There is no option for that. The address of an order cannot be changed by the user once the order is created.
This would often be a problem when shipping costs depend on the address of the customer, or even taxes. Allowing the user to change it while the order would already be paid could led to issues in that regard.
However, with the "contact button" column of the System>Order statuses menu, you can add a contact button to the order so that the customer can contact you and request an address change.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 4 months ago #347460

HI,

Thank you for your quick response. I thought that would be the case. We will look into the contact button option as you suggested.

Many thanks

Mike

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds