• Thank you received: 2
9 years 7 months ago #170071

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mafiaoutdoors.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125

Here is what I need to accomplish:

I have two groups of users - Retail buyers and dealers. I need to set up my tax categories and rates so that dealers are NOT charged tax, no matter where they are located. I need retail buyers to be charged tax when shipping to Arkansas, USA only.

I have a user group for dealers. I have two tax categories: Default Tax Category & Dealer Tax Category. Default Tax category has rate of 8.75% and zone of 4263 Arkansas. Dealer Tax Category has rate of 0% and zone of 223 United States of America.

Access level of Default Tax Category is "Custom - Public. Access level of Dealer Tax Category is "Custom - Dealers."

Dealers are in the user group "Dealers."

When I place an order for a dealer who is located in Arkansas, tax is being charged. I do not want tax charged to dealers at all.

What do I have wrong here? I would gladly give a moderator a login so that you could look at the setup and tell me what is wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
9 years 7 months ago #170076

Hi,

You need only one tax category (tax category is to differentiate between products charged with different tax rates).
You assign all your products to that one tax category.
Then, configure one tax rule for that tax category, your zone, your rate of 8.75% and restrict it to the user groups other than dealers.
Also, make sure that you didn't turn on the "Inherit parent group access" option of the configuration.
That's it, it should work after that

9 years 7 months ago #170176

I have followed your instructions. Still, when I submit an order from a user who is in the "Dealers" user group with an Arkansas address, the system still calculates tax on the order. I have attached a screenshot of the settings in my Default Tax Category. Can you tell me what I have done wrong?

Thanks very much for your reply.

Attachments:

9 years 7 months ago #170191

Hi,

Then it probably means that your user is not only in the Dealers user group but in another user group.

The following user(s) said Thank You: brob34

9 years 7 months ago #170220

You are correct! I finally got the right combination of settings figured out.

I learned a lot today!

Thanks for getting me started in the right direction!

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304544

Will the tax automatically be calculated in the admin portion of the site if a product is added to an order?

5 years 1 month ago #304548

Hi,

No, in the backend, you have full control when editing/adding products to an order and can enter any amount you want for the product and any tax amount you want. Automatically calculating the taxes amount there is an improvement we would like to add in the future.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304561

So if an admin user ads a product, we need to manually go in and adjust /add a tax amount to it?

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 1 month ago #304564

Hello,

Have a look on my screenshot to add a product :

In this configuration, you see in the little popup what you have to add, the rest, I mean total, vat order etc will be automatically updated.
Hope I have answer your question.
Regards

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds