BILLING and SHIPPING Addresses Need SEPARATE ZONE Criteria

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 9 months ago #272710

I have a florist client who only does delivery in the REGION of Wellington, New Zealand.
So, in the ZONES section, I deleted all the New Zealand REGIONS, except for Wellington.

The problem here is that the person purchasing the flowers (for delivery in Wellington) may NOT live in the Wellington region.
They can correctly create a Delivery Address that is in the Wellington Region, but the billing Region cannot change -- which is causing a lot of confusion for the customers.

As the website becomes more and more popular we are seeing more people who don't live in Wellington region (even foreign country people) try to place orders. It is a problem.

There needs to be separate ZONE selections for BILLING and SHIPPING addresses.
This would also create the requirement that BILLING ADDRESS is totally and completely separate from ANY OTHER Address that the person creates or adds to their account.

Amazon does this, so does Shopify.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #272722

Hi,

So will HikaShop in the future. But it will require a bit of work to implement that. That's one of the things we want to work on this year.
In the mean time, you could keep all the zones for new zealand and instead use the zone restriction of your shipping methods so that the customers can't finish their order if their shipping address is not in the zone you want and they'll see an error message.

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 9 months ago #272775

Yes, I implemented the Shipping Zone restriction and that is working well.

I am glad that a separate BILLING ADDRESS with criteria will be added in the future.
This would allow for PHONE to be required on the BILLING address, but not on the Delivery address, for example -- which is something the florists have been asking for.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #272780

Hi,

That won't be in the first version with the distinction between shipping and billing.
In the first version, you'll have the distinction only so that there will be less confusion when you edit the addresses.
Being able to restrict the custom address fields based on the type of the address will be added later on.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds