United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 7 months ago #117186

THAT WAS IT! Thanks! Now I can get through to Paypal payment stage without an issue. There are some random characters in the shipping service name due to regexp replacement (I am guessing) but I can fix that.

Thanks,
Valery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #117187

valerun wrote: THAT WAS IT! Thanks! Now I can get through to Paypal payment stage without an issue. There are some random characters in the shipping service name due to regexp replacement (I am guessing) but I can fix that.

Thanks,
Valery

just added
$info->shipping_name = preg_replace('/sup.*?sup/', '', $info->shipping_name);

after your suggested change to get rid of some random characters appearing instead of the TM symbols. Obviously a hack - so would be awesome if you guys come up with an 'official' solution ;-)

Thanks!
Valery

10 years 7 months ago #117189

Actually, I now noticed that the next button doesn't work at all, it only refreshes the same page. I put everything in one step but the "next" button doesn't work. Therefore, no one can actually create a transaction. So it did fix one problem (the logging out automatically), but the next button still doesn't work properly.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 7 months ago #117195

Then can you try like that:
$info->shipping_name .= ' ' . strip_tags($usps_rates["Service"]);

That will remove the HTML tags only.

@5lstudio If the checkout doesn't let you finish, it should display an error message, unless your template doesn't display messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html
And normally the message should be about the shipping and the payment method missing:
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#paym

10 years 7 months ago #117199

Lutya wrote: Hi Nicolas,

I downloaded the latest USPS plugin from your post: www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...html?start=140#52632 .

When I went to install it I get the error message:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

I'm using Joomla 3.1.1 with HikaShop Starter 2.1.3.

Hi Nicolas,

Just making sure you saw my earlier question, you seem to have replied to everyone else who posted after I did. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.

10 years 7 months ago #117202

The error message is on, but it doesn't display anything. Like i said, the next button just refreshes the page instead of "creating" or "finalizing" the checkout. Also if I put the last code you suggested, then the problem comes back and the "?" appears again. Is there another way I can delete the html tags?

EDIT: When I click next it just goes to step-1.html which should be the payment step but it actually displays step-0.html. However, I can click on "payment" and it will move to the next step. Then if I click "next" in the Payment step it will actually process the purchase. So, I'm assuming that there is a problem with the shipping module and the next button.

EDIT 2: I can definitively confirm that there is some issues with the "shipping module" showing and the "next" button." If I take the shipping module out, but force hikashop to charge shipping automatically without showing the shipping options, the next buttons works.

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by 5lstudio.

10 years 7 months ago #117237

@Lutya There is no need to install anything. The USPS plugin is already preinstalled with HikaShop if you install the latest version of HikaShop. Other version of the USPS plugin are not recommended and not supported.

@5lstudio Then please try with the modification proposed by @valerun

10 years 7 months ago #117239

How do I get the pre-installed USPS plugin to show up? It's not in my plugin manager or my system > shipping methods.

All I have is:
Manual
Australia
Canada
Fedex
UPS

10 years 7 months ago #117245

Download the latest version of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours.

10 years 7 months ago #117246

I installed Hikashop off your website two weeks ago. Has there been a new release since then? If I uninstall it and reinstall it, will I lose any of my personalized layouts?

10 years 7 months ago #117285

There has been no new release since then.
But if you tried to install a previous version of the plugin on top of it, it might have removed it at some point.

There is no need to uninstall HikaShop. Simply install it and it will perform an update and make sure that you have the latest version of everything. You won't loose your layouts as long as you edited them via the menu Display>Views.
I still recommend you to do a backup of the website before, just in case something goes wrong.

10 years 4 months ago #133215

Hello,

I have joomla 3.1 and i believe i have configured everything properly.
joomla 3.1
php 5.3.22
latest hikashop
USPS account is on live server

i receive an error when i click check out

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 2: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/XXX/XXXXX/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 383

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: in /home/XXX/XXXXX/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 383

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /home/XXX/XXXXX/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 383

Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /home/XXX/XXXXX/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 249

I contacted my hosting company and because i saw something in the forums and there reply was.................
Port 80 is what apache is bound to, so it's always open as that is where you view your web site in a browser. SimpleXML is also enabled on your server-
root@usc16 [~]# php -i | grep SimpleXML
SimpleXML

Thanks,
Chris

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 4 months ago #133237

Hi,
It's working fine on my end, can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through a private message so that I can test it myself ?

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

10 years 4 months ago #133385

Mohamed,

Did you receive the the credentials?

thanks,
Chris

10 years 4 months ago #133536

Yes, I just installed the last USPS version through your website and it seems to be working fine now.

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyaj323

10 years 4 months ago #133593

will you please provide me the lastest version?
thanks

10 years 4 months ago #133646

I already installed the last USPS version through your website, note that by downloading the last Hikashop version and installing it, you'll have the last USPS version.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds