Can USPS Shipping Alerts Be Automated?

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319145

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13

Hello,

I have ShipStation integrated with my Hikashop site and was wondering if there is a way to automate a shipping/delivered email? Currently after I have shipped items within ShipStation, I have to go back to site and manually change each order status to Shipped and then also send email and paste link to usps tracking.

I am 100% only using USPS as shipping method and just wondering if there is anyway I could possibly automate this process where I no longer have to continue have to login to backend of site and always change order status and then send emails. So whenever USPS updates status it just automatically notifies customer.

Thanks N Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 11 months ago #319158

Hello,

Yes it's possible, follow me step by step :
1. In your Shipstation configuration, have a look on this red bordered option :

2. Check that your "Order status notification" Email is published, with this and in general every time the order status is switched this will leads to an email notification to your customer.
From Main HikaShop Configuration, System dropdown => Emails

Hope this help you
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319410

Thanks a bunch for response Philip! I am not 100% if the default shipping email includes tracking number so I have been manually updating each email message to include USPS tracking number along with a link for them to click. Is there a way to somehow embed the USPS tracking number into body of shipping message somehow? This would totally allow me to automate the shipping process and no longer have to manually send shipping messages.

Thanks again!

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 10 months ago #319420

Hello,

You re right this will be a really nice feature to add track number in customer email, you are so right that it is even planned for a new Shipstation version.

Now you will have to be patient, because I can't really give you schedule about this new release.
Thanks for your return, and I invite you from time to time look at our Marketplace, to be sure to get this new version.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: dklbwf

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319438

This is awesome news! I will be looking forward to that feature when it comes, will be a HUGE help for me. Thanks again

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds