Integration with Social Networks - Instagram

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304334

Hi there,

Will you be adding other social networks such as Instagram?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 1 month ago #304372

Hi,

We could. So far, no one requested other integration but why not. I'll add your vote for Instagram.

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 1 month ago #304386

Another vote for this

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #306770

This is a crucial part of modern website e-commerce. If we don’t get this soon, I will be switching to a Shopify site...

4 years 10 months ago #306772

Hi. We are intersted in at least some types of social networks integration, particularly, allowing users to register and log in via their Facebook, Gmail or Insagram accounts would be great. I know there are some integrations for Joomla, but they aren't developed specifically for Hika Shop registration form and still require some developer skills to set up and work properly.

4 years 10 months ago #306776

Hi,

@drfenning :
We actually looked into having a share button for Instagram (like we already have for other social plateform) but their API doesn't offer that possibility and since that was what was apparently requested here, we didn't move forward since now.
I had a look at what Shopify since you've talked about it.
The integration Shopify has with Instagram is to be able to have your instagram as a shop, which requires first setting up a facebook sale channel, a Business instagram account etc:
help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/instagram/requirements
So that's something that could apparently be done. Not sure if that's what you're talking about ?

@Vlad Boch :
There is indeed a JFBconnect integration to have a login with Facebook. It's possible to add it to HikaShop quite easily from what I know (adding the JFBconnect tag to the registration/login form of the checkout).
Having something directly integrated in HikaShop and allowing for other plateforms like google login is a good idea.
It's noted on our end.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #306816

YES! That is exactly what I am looking for. A lot of selling now is through FB and instagram. Currently I have to export my products from HS, change the headers to match those of FB and then import. But it does not update my inventory and I can’t use any HS tools.

FB can even use RSS feeds to automatically update products too.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 10 months ago #306818

nicolas wrote: The integration Shopify has with Instagram is to be able to have your instagram as a shop, which requires first setting up a facebook sale channel, a Business instagram account etc:

+1 from me

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #306823

If we can integrate HikaShop with social media logins it will be more convenient for the customer to register and buy products. The question arises whether HikaShop is SEO friendly or not.

4 years 10 months ago #306826

nicolas wrote: The integration Shopify has with Instagram is to be able to have your instagram as a shop, which requires first setting up a facebook sale channel, a Business instagram account etc:

Another +1

Able to list your items and synch between hikashop and instagram with product tag is really great thing. I have seen a lot shops who have success with they sales using this!

As example: www.ecwid.com/instagram

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by kyratn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n00bster

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 10 months ago #306827

kyratn wrote: Able to list your items and synch between hikashop and instagram with product tag is really great thing. I have seen a lot shops who have success with they sales using this!

that would be the key for hikashop. buy directly and tag products in instagram B)

4 years 10 months ago #306828

diginfoexpert wrote: If we can integrate HikaShop with social media logins it will be more convenient for the customer to register and buy products. The question arises whether HikaShop is SEO friendly or not.

There is already social login possible using Easy Profile component. You can add social login/registration tag anythere and it will work. We use it with and had no issues at all... So i don't think that Hikashop should take they time for this because there is a lot plugins on JED. Just search for it!

4 years 10 months ago #306829

drfenning wrote: YES! That is exactly what I am looking for. A lot of selling now is through FB and instagram. Currently I have to export my products from HS, change the headers to match those of FB and then import. But it does not update my inventory and I can’t use any HS tools.

FB can even use RSS feeds to automatically update products too.

If you are talking about Facebook products feeds catalog then it's already possible and can be easy done. You can find more about this here: www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...catalog-for-ads.html

4 years 10 months ago #306831

kyratn wrote:

Another +1

Able to list your items and synch between hikashop and instagram with product tag is really great thing. I have seen a lot shops who have success with they sales using this!

UPDATE. So i have read more about this and talked with our facebook ads publisher and it seems there is nothing to develop here :)

In order to add product to instagram, first you need to add product to facebook via facebook shop. The facebook shop not allowing you to import any data like you can import products to facebook products catalog. So after you add product to facebook shop then you can add same product to instagram shop and tag it as you need :)

Thanks

4 years 10 months ago #306830

Hi,

What kyratn says makes sense. If it's already possible to easily add the login with facebook/google/twitter etc to HikaShop with an extension like Easy Profile, I don't think it's worth spending time on our end to work on that and rather working on something else like the insta/facebook shop integration.
And yes, the integration is not necessary if you want to do it manually. Where it could be interesting is if you want to send the products automatically with some kind of synchronization so that if you change something in a product in HikaShop it is reflected in the shop on Facebook (at least from what I understand).

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drfenning, n00bster

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #306889

I already know how to add product to FB, but the point I am making is that I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MANAGE TWO SHOPS. I only make one of each item (jewelry) so I have to input thousands of products. Managing two sites (three if you count etsy) is time consuming. I wish I could pin my items to instagram/FB just like I pin them to pinterest from Hikashop. Shopify is not just a FB platform it is an ecommerce platform that integrates into FB/Instagram. So people can purchase directly from your site or click through social media to your products. They are still buying and controlling the inventory through your ecommerce application...ie. managing inventory from one place.

4 years 10 months ago #306896

Hi,

Yes, that's what I was saying in the second part my message.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #306910

That response was more for kyratn’s comment that nothing needs to be developed and that I can just add the products separately to FB. Sorry if I offended. How long does something like this take to develop?

4 years 10 months ago #306911

drfenning wrote: That response was more for kyratn’s comment that nothing needs to be developed and that I can just add the products separately to FB. Sorry if I offended. How long does something like this take to develop?

Hi,

Well, i was a bit wrong, sorry about that. It just not so many docs i could find regarding such developement. Seems this is what we need and what hikashop should apply: developers.facebook.com/docs/pages/shops-api

Thanks

4 years 10 months ago #306912

Hi,

Thank you for looking into it with us.
I've applied to that Shops API for HikaShop. However, Facebook might not follow up with us. It's only an alpha and not available to anyone...

The following user(s) said Thank You: citybuzzdigital

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds