Filter doesn't isolate the subject.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #308759

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10

I have products setup with variants epub and mobi. I've also set up a filter to isolate epub or mobi. The filter appears to work and shows the products that have an epub version, but when I click on the filtered product it shows the front page of the product instead of the variant.

I'm trying to get it to only show mobi OR the epub product. If it shows both the user may forget to click on the correct option and accidentally get the default option. I'd actually like there to be NO default at all, but can't see how that can be achieved.

How do I set the filter to drill down to the variant instead of the main product?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 9 months ago #308761

Hi,

There is no option for that. The filters system uses a products listing to display the results and can only display products.
So the link to the product details page doesn't even contain any information regarding the filtering done previously.
So with some custom development, you could do it, but otherwise, there is no way to do that.

4 years 9 months ago #308800

OK, there is a facility within filters to filter on custom fields. If I create a custom field to identify a specific type of product (e.g. mobi or epub) would it filter that?

OR, if the filter could identify the file suffix where this has been added to the variant, would that be a workaround? (there's only three possibilities at present - epub, mobi, mp3)

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by lesk. Reason: added an optional argument

4 years 9 months ago #308810

Hi,

I don't see how that would help.
Both of your suggestions would be an alternative to the filter you currently have to filter the products, but you would still get a listing of products as a result of the filtering. So you would end up in the same situation. It would just make your shop setup more complex to manage.
Really, with some custom development, you could do it, but otherwise, there is no way to do that, as far as I can see.

4 years 9 months ago #308872

So, your saying that no matter how I apply the filters - they don't work?

4 years 9 months ago #308888

Hi,

No the filters work. However, they won't work like you want them to unless you or a developer you hire modify their behavior for that.
If you want us to work on that for you, that's possible. You can use our contact form to request a quote on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you provide a link to this thread for reference in your message.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds