Hikashop, DTregister, and JomSocial

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #72345

I am developing a site for a convention. The goal is to have a user buy a ticket and then have access to sign up for events and also have access to purchase history to both event registration and shopping cart purchases.

I plan to do this with hikashop, dtregister , and jomsocial. The user will buy an item in hikashop that will add a user group to the buyer giving them access to the dtregister portion of the site. Both extensions have integration plugins that allow purchases to be tracked on the jomsocial profile.

My fear is that after buying all 3 extensions there will be a conflict. Is there a way to know figure this out before purchase? I know DTregister doesn't have a lot of info about the plugin, but here is an excerpt from there readme file after download (used this on a recent client):

This is a JomSocial plugin and is optional. It should only be installed if you have the JomSocial component in use on your site. It adds a profile tab showing the registration history of a user. This version of the plugin is for JomSocial 1.8 or later. Install this plugin in the regular Joomla installation area. Don't forget to ENABLE it after you install. There are also some parameters to be set in the plugin.
DO NOT INSTALL THIS PLUGIN IF YOU ARE NOT USING JOMSOCIAL!!

Will these extensions work together?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #72377

Here is the response I received from DTregister :

dthadmin wrote: DT Register and JomSocial together obviously are fine. We've never tested with Hikashop although we've seen it installed on other sites using DT Register as we've helped with support tickets. As we know of, there are no issues with Hikashop and DT Register together. Of course, if you found one, we'd address it :)

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #72589

Hi,

Like DT register said, as far as we know there is no issue between HikaShop and DT register or JomSocial that we know of and if you found one, we would look into it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steveshore

11 years 6 months ago #72593

Thank you for your response! It is very reassuring to know you guys will be there to help resolve any issues.

11 years 5 months ago #72738

Here is the response I was given by JomSocial :

fuqaha wrote: Hi Steve,

Thank you for updating us about this. JomSocial relies on native Joomla user session to authenticate users. As long as these components rely on the same user session, I dont see any reason for the components not to work with each other.

Is this the case for Hikashop?

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by steveshore.

11 years 5 months ago #73115

Yes, that's the case.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steveshore

11 years 5 months ago #73156

Thank you!

11 years 5 months ago #73239

Here is what DTregister had to say about native Joomla user session to authentication:

dthadmin wrote: Yes, pretty much all Joomla extensions rely on the core Joomla user session. If not, they should :) You do not login to DT Register... or JomSocial... you login to Joomla, regardless of which login module or profile management extension you use.

Sounds like everything is going to work perfectly. I will post updates on how installation goes.

11 years 5 months ago #74387

Will Hikashop integrate with the latest version of JomSocial, version 2.8 I believe.

also, what versions of Community Builder is the CB plugin compatible with?

11 years 5 months ago #74606

Will the plugin work with the most recent version?

11 years 5 months ago #74905

We didn't had anyone getting back to us saying that it didn't so I guess it does even though we didn't test it ourselves.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds