HikaShop & Akeeba Subscriptions NEW Plugin Pro

• Thank you received: 35
10 years 11 months ago #103808

Hi to all,

HikaShop have an Akeeba Subscription plugin to manage Subscriptions.
Well, exactly, HikaShop mainly allows you to sell tangible goods. What you do with Akeeba Subscriptions integration is that when you buy a specific product the plugin kicks in and creates a subscription record in Akeeba Subscriptions.
So, right now, It allow you to sell tangible good and subscriptions through the same component (HikaShop) without going through Akeeba Subscriptions. Nothing more...

But, manage subrscriptions also mean coupon codes, upgrade rules, tax rules and whatnot. All things that are yet into Akeeba Subription in a very professional way!
I think Subscriptions managing is one of the most important feature in an ACL portal, probably one of the most requested features.
I also think HikaShop is best joomla eCommerce solution with powerful payment gateways, statistics and so on...

I discovered that MijoShop does ship a plugin / integration which presents itself as an Akeeba Subscriptions payment plugin. Here clients complete the subscription process through Akeeba Subscriptions but instead of being redirected to, let's say, PayPal they are instead redirected to MijoShop which handles the payment based on the price reported by Akeeba Subscriptions (therefore, the price which takes into account coupon codes, upgrade rules, tax rules and whatnot).

Why not have the same solution/integration on HikaShop and HikaMarket ?
Please, if you are agree click on "Thank you" button here in this topic post.
If you have any suggestion, need, feature request, idea and/or you have had some particular experience, please, reply to this post.

Hooping can be useful to Hika Team on development,
Many Thanks to all in advance...

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by joomleb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ch3vr0n, Bendite, lionel75, reddeer, miracleecho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #107258

I also opened a post in the Coomercial Jobs Forum about this feature...

• Thank you received: 92
10 years 11 months ago #107274

Before buy hikashop I have a look to mijoshop but don't find forum even mijosshop have more advanced feature than hikashop but thing change (i have in mind hikashop & seblod integration feature ) .
I begin to study hikashop and what is strange is that they reimplement some joomla functionnalities by adding in the BackEnd GUI some menu items that we find by default in joomla !!! Even how is implement hikashop i ll think I ll have to use the default menu of joomla .......

For example
HK = compoment > hiskashop > users
J25= USers > Users Manager

HK=compoment>hikashop> product
J25=content > article Manager
Seblod in a way re use article default column/item so i think it is better !! but not available

if i install another compoment that manage article or user ( don't try ) i hope they ll be not another gui item under the compoment item menu !!!

To focus on the subject i share your point of view and have 2 questions .

1) Do you say that until now when use akeeba subscription , the payment can't be done with hikashop ? How is proces the payement ( by akeeba itself ? )
So wich functionnalities is both integrate beetween akeeba subscription and hikashop ?

a) only update user group after buy item to let user access to vrtual resosurce ?

2) You "opened a post in the Commercial Jobs Forum about this feature..."
what is the aim of doing this ? Is it like kickstarter ( see a project example tha succeed www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelfica...offeescript-compiler ) ?

Regard's

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by lionel75.

10 years 10 months ago #107662

Hi Lionel75,

1 - Right now what you do with Akeeba Subscriptions integration is that when you buy a specific product the plugin kicks in and creates a subscription record in Akeeba Subscriptions. You are buying on HikaShop.
Right now you cannot apply all the Akeeba Subrscriptions features like coupon codes, upgrade rules, tax rules and whatnot as Mijo Shop do;

2 - Because:
- if there is a lot of interest from HikShop users on this, HikaShop Team will consider to add this new feature;
- but, if there is no so much interest and HikaShop is still busy on other works, I'm looking for have this work from a 3rd part and I'm asking prices & times to develope it. So, right now, still waiting offers! ;

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piggyslasher

10 years 8 months ago #117592

As i see the support for integration beetween mijoshop and akeeba integration has problem !!!
akkeba backup .
if end user developper need to contact akeeba for having support when the extension was implemented by mijoshop ..... there is a really big problem !!!

I discover than more and more extension in the jed can't not be use with hikashop . there is a few extension that hikashop implement by their own .
I really begin to think that all joomla developper implement they own worflow without stick to a standart one ( like unix problem that Mac OS solve ) .

Even if Akeeba is not the only subscription extension ( 10 joomla subscription choice ) . Many of them have implement a built in payment method instead support some joomla payement extension ( or e commerce extension ) !!! Many of them support paypal and some other method payment and in some case invoice !!

Does others developper share my point of view ?

regard's

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13079
10 years 8 months ago #117598

I share your point of view.
There are indeed no standards to integrate extensions together in Joomla.
Everyone is doing its own thing.
So because of that, each time someone wants to integrate with a new extension it requires to create yet another integration plugin.
It would be great if joomla had been providing more standardization to common things but since it didn't happen you have the current situation.

10 years 8 months ago #117951

i a bit aware about extension implementation , I have a look to JED and i don't some information about integration plug in . Perhaps the S mean integration plug in but not clear
captcha

1) when you say plug in extension , the only way to link components extension from different developper is implement a plug in ( not a module or a enhance component ?) .
I ask this question because i don't want to miss interpret and i like that all thing are explicit ( not like jquery $(problem) )

2) does module is in all case link/use to/by a compoment

3) is there inter relation and level beetween module , plug in , component ?

HS ll force me to implement some extension
(Best way to begin to learn , i ll not begin if the support ll not have focus on starting php code file as example )

thank's a lot

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13079
10 years 8 months ago #117956

Most extensions have triggers through their code (like we have as you can see in our developer documentation) so that you can implement these triggers in plugins so that when the extension calls the trigger your plugin is called to do its own stuff.
Now, depending on want you want to do you might want to do a module instead. For example, if you want to display things to the user, you most probably can't do that within a plugin, so you want to do a module.
But then modules are also limited as you can't have tables in the database, no advanced configuration in the backend, no menu items, etc. And if you need those, you'll have to do a component. But you'll most probably also do a plugin to integrate with the extension at the same time.

If you looks at HikaSerial and HikaMarket, they both have a plugin which receives all the triggers they need from HikaShop (for example, to process their stuff when an order is confirmed). But as they have their own tables and a lot of configuration in the backend, they are in fact a component+plugin. And if they would need to display information on the frontend in template positions, they would include also modules for that.

It's the basic relations between modules, plugins and components for joomla:
http://docs.joomla.org/Extension_types_(general_definitions)

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

10 years 7 months ago #124693

Hi Nicolas,
I sent you a PM last week.
The HikaShop / Akeeba Subscriptions Plugin is under test.
Can you help me / us ?

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 7 months ago #124701

@joomleb : Please do not post the same message several times on several threads.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 7 months ago #124727

Hi Jerome,
I posted the same message, a news + alert Nicolas, in the two forums I (and Nicolas) was speaking about.
So, I thought that news I was posting was interesting for all members are following those two topics...
...Thinking to do a good thing, Sorry

10 years 6 months ago #126784

Are you interested on testing this new plugin ?

Please, PM me and I'll provide you Administrator access to test it !

Help us on finalizing this new plugin !

10 years 6 months ago #128068

Hi
Does this plugin ll be accessible for free in the jed ?

Regard's

10 years 6 months ago #128571

Hi Lionel75,
not yet established if it will be free or not.
I'm sending Administrator credentials by PM to users asked me.

Please, if you want change something, create products and so on, do it creating your own Menu/Module/Users if you need etc. using your Username in the title, so we'll be simple for all us have our own experience and, in case, too simple reproduce the issue you encountered.

Please, report all about your experience here in this forum.
PS i woukd be too glad if you can help me to understand if HikaShop Orders / Sell Statistics are collected in the right way without any "bug".

We are finalizing to add the Coupon feature, you will receive updates soon.

Many Thanks to all for help!

10 years 6 months ago #128813

PS You can complete the test using a PayPal Sandbox account for payment developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/d...ifecycle/ug_sandbox/

The building of Coupon feature is 50%

10 years 6 months ago #129235

We are ready to update the Coupon feature

But before to do it your feedbacks on testing would be too glad,
Thank You :)

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 3 months ago #139700

Hello Joomleb, I am know looking at:

www.hikashop.com/support/109-akeeba-subscriptions.html

And I am wonder why please there are (2) First and Second plugins please?

Thank you,

Jim

10 years 3 months ago #139702

Hi lamJim,
simply because, as described:
- the first plugin is the one that there was yet developed
- the second is this "Akeeba Subscriptions NEW Plugin Pro" solution

All the features you have on the first you can find on the second... and much much more...
But read at the end:

Be careful!
the second akeeba subscription plugin will override the views:
Product / listing_price
Product / cart
Product / quantity
Checkout / listing_price
Checkout / cart
So if you have already customized these views, thanks to save the content in an external file, install the plugin and then put back your customizations.
We recommend too to add a limit on the products with subscriptions, to allow the purchase of only one subscription at a time.

Anyway I suppose also Nicolas decided to keep both till he will receive more feedbacks/tests for the second. But you have to ask him.
For me the second is right and works!

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by joomleb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IamJim

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 3 months ago #139729

Thank you and I will stay in touch with Nicolas. It is a great addition for sure. I asked about it back in 2012 !! ;-)

BUT? For now, I am just going to change my "Add to Cart" buttons to Subscribe and process 1st payment manually and then manually set up Akeeba manual for my subscribers until i know this is working correct. When I do have time to test? I will,, and thank you again Joomleb.

Jim

10 years 3 months ago #139742

I'm not sure to have understood what you mean, but both plugins are stable versions.

You can download and test them where you want.
Logically, let us know your experience :)

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds