Category Listing - Pagination Problem

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #6459

Nicolas,

I have discovered a problem with the menu type Hikashop Category Listing. On my site I have 16 main categories and my main DVD Catalog page (Category Listing Type) by default displays the first 12. If you go to the second page of that list and then change the Display # dropdown to 20, the page says "Results 1-16 of 16", but only the last four categories are displayed, even after a browser page refresh, and the only way to see the others is to change Display # dropdown a second time to any number at which time the pagination options return.

I was going to test this on your demo site to see if this might be a template problem, but didn't see any pagination options on your category list page.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #6468

I'm testing the possibility of using a menu type Product Listing instead of Category Listing for my main DVD Catalog page. This menu link is currently at the bottom of the DVD Catalog (hikashop) main menu (this Product Listing page also has the pagination issue above).

What I want is a page that will provide for ALL products to be displayed and I'll use the Category module on the left to filter the full list. This is working as I would like to see EXCEPT when I first go to this new DVD Catalog page, it displays as expected. Parent category is product category and there is an Associated Module attached as required.

When Next page is clicked, the second page of the product listing is displayed, but now the Associated Module appears beneath the listing. Is it possible to create a list of all products without having the Associated Module underneath? Do I need to create a dummy module of some sort?

Thanks,
Ed

13 years 3 months ago #6470

OK - Disregard my last post. I found the Syncronize option and turned it off. That now works, but the pagination problem still exists.

Ed

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 3 months ago #6474

I don't see that problem on your listing. I just tried to go there, and on the second page, I still see 12 in the dropdown, like this:

Display #12
Start

Prev
1 2
Next

End
Page 2 of 2
Results 13 - 16 of 16

Could you try with a different browser ?

13 years 3 months ago #6475

Sorry, I probably didn't explain the problem very well.

On the menu item DVD Catalog (hikashop) you should see 1-12 of 16 on page 1 and 13-16 of 16 on page 2.

While on page 2, change the dropdown to display 20 for example (any number greater than 16) and the page will refresh and say 1-16 of 16 but you still see only 13-16 with no way to get back to page one. Selecting something, anything, in the dropdown a second time will make everything right again.

Leaving the page and coming back or refreshing the screen doesn't fix it, only putting another value in the dropdown seems to work.

I did try it with FF and had the same problem.

Regards,
Ed

13 years 3 months ago #6482

I have similar problems. Number of columns I use 3 per row, and "number of items" I left empty and 3 columns and all nine items were shown.

After lowering the number of items to 6 and trying to switch back to 9, only 6 items are shown with the possibility to show the next three items on page two, which I do not want to (i want to have all 9 items on one page). If you show items 7-9 and make a refresh, the pagination is gone and only items 7-9 show up, with no way to switch back to 1-6.

To add any number (or leave it empty) in the "number of items" field does not change anything.

13 years 3 months ago #6484

We'll look at that tomorrow and report back on our findings.

13 years 3 months ago #6545

Hi,

We fixed that on your website by changing the code:
$pageInfo->limit->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.list_limit', 'limit_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').$category_selected, $this->params->get('limit'), 'int' );
$pageInfo->limit->start = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.limitstart', 'limitstart_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').$category_selected, 0, 'int' );

to:
$oldValue = $app->getUserState($this->paramBase.'.list_limit',$this->params->get('limit'));
$pageInfo->limit->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.list_limit', 'limit_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').$category_selected, $this->params->get('limit'), 'int' );
if($oldValue!=$pageInfo->limit->value){
JRequest::setVar('limitstart_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').$category_selected,0);
}
$pageInfo->limit->start = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.'.limitstart', 'limitstart_'.$this->params->get('main_div_name').$category_selected, 0, 'int' );

in the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php
Now, the pagination goes back to the first page when the number of items per page is changed.

There is a similar problem on products listing pages. You can do the same change in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php (there are two places where to to the change) to fix the problem.

These fixes will be included in next release.

13 years 3 months ago #6570

Nicolas,

Thanks for the prompt response to this.

Regards,
Ed

13 years 3 months ago #6573

Thanks!

12 years 5 months ago #30859

Hello,

On this page www.gouri-gouri.gr/v3/index.php/en/m-i-e...category/14-keyrings although I have set the number of rows to 3 and number of products to 15 in the hikashop menu module, it always displays 20 prods per page. Any clues?

Thanks!

12 years 5 months ago #30912

You should set these options in the module with the id 92 via the menu Display->Content modules in HikaShop.

12 years 5 months ago #30936

Thanks!!!

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #72102

Nicolas Hi,
Where i can translate words:
Star, Prev, all

on russian, but i don't wont to download full russian package
Best regards
Artem

PS I can't find the language file, where i will can change "Start", "Prev", "all" on russian words

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by tefun.

11 years 6 months ago #72365

Hi,

These are not in HikaShop but in Joomla language files.
You would have to modify the translation file of Joomla to change them.

11 years 6 months ago #72433

Thanks, i understud

11 years 6 months ago #72695

Hi Nikolas,
I found word "Resalts & of &"
in www\language\en-GB/en-GB.lib_joomla.ini
but i can't find word "Display" :(
and i found this hikashop pagination

Is it possible that this is Hika files?

I found this

=> this hikashop files, isn't it?

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by tefun.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #72794

Hi,

These translations are handled by Joomla.
Normally, they should already be translated in the joomla translation files, but you'll just have to edit your Joomla translation file and change the line :

JGLOBAL_DISPLAY_NUM="Display #"
by :
JGLOBAL_DISPLAY_NUM="YOUR TRANLASTION"
Hope this will help you

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 6 months ago #72820

Thanks, but i didn't find that file, but i am install russian pack and i solved my problem.
I used joomla english and learn English)))
Thank you very much
Very quality support

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #80981

I have the same problem like boussog1.
3 columns, 15products, but when I select page 2 or 3, always displays the first page with 20 products...
Latest hikashop...

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds