Turn off order created email

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #26304

Hi,

Is there any way to stop the order created email sending to the customer. The site is going to use PayPal only so I would rather turn this feature off and just have the order confirmed email go to the customer.

Also, is there any way for the custom fields I've added to the address table to show on the email confirmation - it only shows some fields of billing address.

Thanks
Debs :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
12 years 7 months ago #26312

Hi,

In the Business edition, you have the menu System->Emails where you can customize your emails. There, you can easily publish/unpublish the emails in one click.

12 years 7 months ago #26327

Is there anyway to stop this email being sent in the starter edition?

12 years 7 months ago #26329

You would have to edit the hikashop_config table via phpmyadmin and change the entry order_creation_notification.published entry to 0.

12 years 7 months ago #26351

Hi,

I don't seem to have that line so I've added it but it still send the customer the notification email. I've attached a screenshot of what I have in that section. Should I be changing the .html one to 0?

Many thanks

Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #26367

No, the html option is for something else.
That should do it.

12 years 7 months ago #26422

Hi,

It's still sending the order created email to the customer. Is there anyway to just get rid of this order created notifications completely. Is there something else I need to change?

Many thanks

12 years 7 months ago #26424

There is no other solution that the two mentioned which doesn't involved modifying the code of hikashop directly. You could edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php and remove the send of the email in the save function.

12 years 7 months ago #26427

Hi,

Thanks so much. Amending the PHP has worked.

12 years 3 months ago #36682

I'm kind of in the same boat here. I'd like to turn off this email as well - same reason as above. We're ONLY using paypal, so it's confusing people. I'm looking in the hikashop_config table, and I don't see the order_creation_notification field. There is an order_creation_notification_email field, which has the correct email address in it. Any chance the other filed would be in a different table somewhere?

I looked at editing the order.php file as well- I'd rather go the database route, so I don't screw up the code, however, could you be just a little more specific on what to remove or comment out?

Thanks a lot-

Doug

12 years 3 months ago #36685

Scratch that... must be blind. Found the field and changed the value to 0. Testing now...

12 years 2 months ago #41807

nicolas wrote: You would have to edit the hikashop_config table via phpmyadmin and change the entry order_creation_notification.published entry to 0.

Tested and I works. Thanks=]

11 years 9 months ago #58246

We just tried this, using the 1.5.8 business edition, and it did not affect order confirmation email transmission. Since we're newbies at HikaShop (but not at programming or web design), it's entirely possible we've not set it up right ... here's some information about what we've got:

On the System->Emails screen, there are a list of names; the third one is "order creation notification". The far right of the page has a column for "Published". Instead of a green check mark on the order creation notification row, we've got a red circle, which we interpreted as suppressing the email transmission. Doesn't happen, though.

I'll go in with PHPMyAdmin and see if I can zap the flag in the database, 'cause that does seem to work for other people.

BTW, you show great forebearance with those who are too cheap to pony up for your commercial versions - I don't think I'd be so tolerant.

11 years 9 months ago #58325

If it shows the red circle, it means that you have the flag deactivated in the database.
I don't see how it would be possible that it doesn't work since no one reported the publish/unpublish to not work on their end.

Are you sure that you're not misunderstanding the order creation email with the admin status noticiation or the order admin notification ?

11 years 9 months ago #58539

Hi Nicolas,

I may have misunderstood, or misread the screen (the "Published" column on my machine is about 26cm from the column with the email titles). From looking at the System->Emails page now, I have the red circle on the correct row (and the anticipated behaviour from the shop).

In any case, by going to the database directly, I got the result I needed (suppression of the "Order creation notification" e-mail). I suspect that we'd dome something wrong somewhere along the line - I remember that the database entry was a string (e-mail address of one of my colleagues), rather than the 0/1 flag that I expected.

It's all good now.

Derek

10 years 8 months ago #119603

nicolas wrote: There is no other solution that the two mentioned which doesn't involved modifying the code of hikashop directly. You could edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php and remove the send of the email in the save function.

Hi Nicolas,

Any advice on how to modify the code to do this?

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #119650

Hi,

To disable the order creation email, you just have to go in the menu System > Emails and unpublish this email (business version of HikaShop).
Else in phpMyAdmin, set the value of published to 0.

10 years 4 months ago #139550

I also want to disable the "A new order has been created on your website" email, i unpublished the "Order creation notification " and still getting the notifications, i don't want to disable the incorrect email, if i only want to receive the confirmed orders which one i have to unpublish?

2 Order administrator notification
3 Order creation notification
4 Order status notification
5 Order notification

Thanks, Victor

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by vmatos.

10 years 4 months ago #139564

It's this one that you want to disable: 2 Order administrator notification

10 years 4 months ago #139569

Nicolas, thanks for the reply, if i unpublish the "2 Order administrator notification" will i still be able to receive the confirmed order notification emails?

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds