displaying modules on product pages

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #34371

Hi.

When HikaShop displays an individual product, is there a way to get Joomla to display another module on the same page?

At present I can only have the product on a page and nothing else. For example in my site I have a products menu, then when you click on a product it display it (eg i didn't create the page in Joomla), these are the pages I wish to display another module on.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 4 months ago #34400

Hi,

Yes, you can publish your module in the "modules under the product page" option of the Display tab of the configuration if it's a hikashop module and it will display on all your product pages.

For other modules, or if you don't want it on all your product pages, you could use the loadposition plugin of joomla to load the module in the product description : docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

Alternatively, you would have to edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add some code like that:
<?php
$mypostion="{loadposition YYY}";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$mypostion );
?>

where YYY is the position name where your module is on your template.

12 years 4 months ago #34437

Hi. Thanks for that, works like a dream. :)

However I'm finding it hard now to position the Joomla module i've place inside the article. For example when I format the article to look the way I want and hav eit looking great, the Joomla module always appears on the left-hand side on the front-end and won't relate to where I've put the module within the product article in the back end.

Also when HikaShop displays a product I first get the picture and besides that the price and cart info (which displays in the middle of the screen) and then the article text underneath. However the text from the article goes all entire length of the page from left to right leaving a rather big unwanted space above the text and to the right of the price/cart info. This is the space i'm looking to get the module in. I know I can make my article justify with the end of the cart to make it look better but then you have a big gap on the right-hand side of the page. I guess this means i need to place my Joomla article somewhere outside the product article text and inside the code that displays the product picture and price/cart info?

Is there a way to either put a joomla module within this space or alternatively move the price/cart info to the right side of the page?

Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #34486

The price/cart position on the page is just a matter of CSS. I can't give precise directions on that without a link to that product page.

Also,for the module, I would have to see the page to tell you more.

12 years 4 months ago #34512

Hi. Thanks for getting back.

I've made up a test product page and attached a screenshot so you can see more.

As you can see i'm trying to display the joomla module to the right-hand-side of the price/cart display but above the text. Is this possible?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #34513
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #34550

If you want to display the module there, you should edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add your module display code in a div html element with a class name just after the div with the class name hikashop_product_right_part. Then, you will need to modify the CSS so that it displays next to the price/cart area. I will need to see directly the page with firebug to help you more precisely with the CSS to use so please give a link to that page once you modify the view file.

10 years 7 months ago #126532

Hello Hikashop team.
I admit, i have red almost all related forum posts, tied most of them and still hasn't got an answer and i cannot believe that it is not possible... maybe it too simple. maybe not.. don't know...

HOW can i display "stuff" like Cart, Related/latest products ONLY on product page on the right joomla module position?

so far i did actually managed them to appear to right position on product page (PIC 2), but they also appear on everywhere else (PIC 3, ), and sometimes even twice on product page... I would like RIGHT module position appear with cart and related products ONLY when product page is displayed not anywhere else.

is that possible?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Laadukas moderni kulmasohva, valkoinen kulmasohva tai iso kulmasohva: ModerniKoti
Attachments:

10 years 7 months ago #126535

Hi,

Joomla doesn't offer such options by default. You will need to install "Advanced Modules Manager" to be able to restrict a module to a specific page of HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307

The following user(s) said Thank You: viki667

10 years 7 months ago #126565

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Joomla doesn't offer such options by default. You will need to install "Advanced Modules Manager" to be able to restrict a module to a specific page of HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307

thats what i thought... okay..
sry.. i just have to ask, please forgive me my incompetence...
is there possible to add some modules in product pages at the top right corner like on pic?! coz right now related products and modules are shown at the bottom of product page...
page just looks so empty up there :/

Laadukas moderni kulmasohva, valkoinen kulmasohva tai iso kulmasohva: ModerniKoti
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by viki667.

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 7 months ago #126586

Hi,

HikaShop have an option to display modules under the product page but, depending your template (specially, your CSS) you can display it at the right.
You can also override the product page display and more precisely the "product | show" page.

There are display in the div with the id "hikashop_submodules".
You can put CSS rules for it and you can find the block in the view too.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds