Setup Questions

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #67947

Hello Hikashop team,
I’m setting up Hikashop and have few questions:

1. I find the user multiple addresses very confusing (to customers) and would like to avoid this option. Is there a way to configure the system to allow only one billing and one shipping address per customer?

2. Is there configuration that removes the radio button whenever there is only single option available (single address, single payment method etc.)?

3.If the answer to 1 and/or 2 is no, I thought one way to go is to add the following to the the frontend css:

.hikashop_checkout_billing_address_radio {
display:none;
}
.hikashop_checkout_billing_address_new {
}
.hikashop_checkout_shipping_address_new {
}

Would this be the right way?

4. When unchecking “Use the same address as for billing”, is there a way to show the address fields directly in editable mode? What I mean is that after unchecking this option, the billing address shows up underneath but grayed out so you need to click on the edit button to modify the address. I would assume that if a customer unchecks this option than it must be that he needs to provide new address so why not providing him with an editable address right away?

5. How can I configure the date format on system emails? (for example in order confirmation). I know I can use the translation to change the text but I’m asking about the parameters (%s).

6. On the emails configuration, is there a way to have different names for the sender name (from name) and the name that comes after the Best regards at the end of the email?

Thank you !

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by coby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 6 months ago #68123

Hi,

1.2.3. Yes, I would recommend you to do that with such CSS.
It's simple and should do what you want.
On top of that, I would recommend to edit the file "address_view" via the menu Display>Views and add the line:
if(empty($checked)) continue;
before the line:
if($this->config->get('auto_submit_methods',1)&&empty($checked)){
That will allow the system to display only one address.

4. Because when the user has several addresses, it makes sense to first display him the list of his existing addresses so that he can either choose one or create a new one.
But I agree that it could be improved.
We'll do that for new version of HikaShop. You'll have to wait (one or two weeks) as the modification is a bit more involved than just adding one line of code in a view.

5. With the Business edition, you can edit the emails via the menu System->Emails. There you will be able to change the date format on that line:
<?php echo JText::sprintf('DATE_ON_WEBSITE',hikashop_getDate(time(),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M'),HIKASHOP_LIVE);?>

6. If you edit the email as explained on point 5 you can simply change that line:
<?php echo JText::sprintf('BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER',$mail->from_name);?>

to:
<?php echo JText::sprintf('BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER','Your lovely shop');?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds