Some advice...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #6943

Howdy,

I've just installed the free version of Hikashop, very nice coding there :) Anyway, I'm doing some work for someone who just wants people to add stuff to the cart at the moment (To see their total order). He doesn't want online ordering yet. I was hoping to find some way to remove the 'proceed to checkout' button in both the adding product to cart pop up and the module... yet to figure it out.

Also, slightly related, is how would I go about adding a 'add to order/cart' button to the product listing (so people don't have to go through to each individual product page). And how would I go about changing the text from 'add to cart' to 'add to order'?

Thanks in advance!

Seth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13105
13 years 3 months ago #6956

Hi,

1. You can go in the menu Display->Content modules. There, edit the HikaShop cart module. You will find an option to hide the proceed to checkout button.
2. You can go in the config and under the tab Display, you'll find a zone where you can edit the front end CSS of HikaShop. There, you can add the CSS below to hide the add to cart button of the notice popup:
#hikashop_add_to_cart_checkout_div{display:none;}
3. Supposing that you create a menu of type listing of products, you can go in the menu Display->Content menus and edit its options. There, on the right side, you will have an option to display the add to cart button for each product of the listing.
4. You can go in the config and under the tab Languages, you will be able to edit your translation file. There, you can use the override zone to change the translation of the "add to cart" text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

13 years 3 months ago #6959

You're amazing. Thank you so much :)

EDIT: Can you give me the name of the CSS file?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Seth.

13 years 3 months ago #6964

The path of the CSS file for the front end is media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css
But you should not edit it directly and use the interface of the configuration, as explained in my post. That way, you will be able to easily update hikashop, without loosing your modifications.

13 years 3 months ago #6968

Hey, thank you so much for all your help so far, I've got everything working except the module... I've selected the hide proceed to checkout button but it's still there... any help?

13 years 3 months ago #6971

Maybe you have have the joomla cache activated ?

13 years 3 months ago #6977

Thank you, I get idiot of the week award.

You lot are awesome. I'll talk with my client about purchasing the paid version of the software when we proceed to e commerce :)

-Seth

13 years 3 months ago #7384

Hey guys, I need more help again (bleedin' picky clients >.<)

I need to find a way to put the quantity edit onto the module section. So instead of clicking on a product and choosing a number either by typing it in or using the + - buttons, I need to put it onto the module layout... Does that make sense?

Hoping y'all can help again.

Thanks in advance,

Seth

13 years 3 months ago #7386

For that, you need to edit the file listing of the view product and add that php line near the top (after the <?php opening tag for example):
$this->params->set('show_quantity_field',1);
That will activate the display of the quantity box and the +- for the add to cart button on the listing of products.
Then, you can go in your module/menu which lists your products and toggle on the add to cart button display option if that's not already done.

13 years 3 months ago #7388

Done. You're amazing, thank you so much (again!) :)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds