Shipping Zones

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #8787

Hi,

Just to ask some advice on the shipping methods at the shopping cart.

I have 4 zones published in my manual shipping plugin. These are the different locations/countries of my shipping destinations.

Nevertheless in my shopping cart only 1 shipping method is showing at any given time, how can i show all the zones in the shopping cart so my customers can select the shipping method of they're location in the world. Or is this an automatic function that hikashop will detect the billing or shipping address and automatically assign the shipping zone? Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
James Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 1 month ago #8789

Hi,

Yes, HikaShop filters automatically the relevant shipping methods before displaying them. That way, someone in australia cannot select a shipping method which is only available in the USA.

13 years 1 month ago #8872

I tested it and it works that way. Thanks a lot!

13 years 6 days ago #11590

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, my shop is based in Ireland, I have 3 shipping destinations. Ireland, United Kingdom and The Rest of the World. I have created an international zone for my rest of world postage by selecting all countries as sub-zones and unchecking Ireland and United Kingdom. Is this the correct way to go about this? The demo has no zone restrictions on the international postage but i don't want international postage to appear as an option if someone is Ireland is buying a product.

13 years 6 days ago #11592

Hi Blamookie

I have recently created a Rest of the World Zone to tie in with Royal Mail Postage and so long as you don't duplicate any countries, it works just fine.

If done correctly, your Irish clients won't get international postage.

Hope thsi helps.

13 years 6 days ago #11637

Hi Deborah...

Please do not tell me that I have to add all countries as shipping zones manually!
If I remember well, after installation of the shop I saw a long list of countries, but not one country in Shipping Zones.
Is there a fast way to make a list of all countries as shipping zones, so I can select all zones and then deselect some zones to make a Rest of the World list?

Kind regards,
Edze

13 years 6 days ago #11642

No I am not saying that. You can create a zone (like the Europe one currently on the system) for the rest of the world and select/deselect countries from there.

It doesn't take long but go through what you have created afterwards because we had one country in both zones and if that happens you see more than one option.

Hope this helps. :)

12 years 11 months ago #12846

deborahharrison wrote:

No I am not saying that. You can create a zone (like the Europe one currently on the system) for the rest of the world and select/deselect countries from there.

It doesn't take long but go through what you have created afterwards because we had one country in both zones and if that happens you see more than one option.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Deborah,

I am getting confused here between shipping zones and country zones and how they relate to each other in regards to shipping costs. When my site goes to check out UK is shown as default with the correct shipping costs - but when I change the country this stays the same it does not change to the rest of world shipping costs - I must be doing something wrong and can not find out what. How exactly did you set your system up.

Thanks in advance

12 years 11 months ago #12871

You need to create one shipping zone and set all countries except yours in it. Then, in your shipping methods, you will have shipping methods restricted to your country, or shipping methods restricted to the "rest of the world" shipping zone. And finally, hikashop will display automatically the correct ones based on the address of the user.

12 years 11 months ago #14145

HI Nicolas,

I have set up the zones correctly I think but when people go through to the check out the get the message 'No sipping method available to your location'. I must have missed something perhaps on the custom fields setup. Site is www.clinitas.info .

12 years 11 months ago #14146

That's because the system couldn't find any suitable shipping methods for the zone you set in the "main tax zone" option of the configuration.

12 years 11 months ago #14307

Please help - I'm probably being stupid but I dont understand - please walk me through this.

I have set up two shipping zones UK and rest of world, each has two options small and large. All this seems OK. I have set up a tax zone of UK and set it as main in configuration.

When people go to check out the Uk is put in Ok as default and the correct postage is added but when there is the error message 'No shipping methods available to your location'.

This error message os stopping people checking out and the client is giving me grief!

12 years 11 months ago #14319

You should not create shipping and tax zones for zones which already exist. You should directly use the UK country zone as main tax zone and in your shipping method(s). That's probably why you get that error message.

12 years 11 months ago #14330

Ok I have reverted back to 222 Uk country zone - still getting message.

I cant remember now if I set up a ROW zone or it was already there for eport shipping options.

This is driving me nuts!

12 years 11 months ago #14338

If you want us to help you, you need to provide more information. Please post a screenshot of your shipping methods listing, one of your configuration main tab and one of your checkout when you have the problem. It must be one of the problems listed in that FAQ: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq

12 years 10 months ago #17034

I thought I had resolved this issue but users are still having problems. Basicly after registering they get the no shipping methods available. I thought I had worked through every thing methodical but am missing something.

Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #17035

Can I give you the admin log in so you you can take a quick look. I seem to getting more and more confused.

12 years 10 months ago #17054

You can use our contact form to send the information. Please also specify the thread so that we know why you're contacting us ;)

12 years 10 months ago #17230

You changed the type of the custom field "address_state" so that the user can enter his county himself. However, hikashop cannot find the corresponding state in the database and thus it thinks that the user is not is the shipping zones.
Instead of using the address_state field, you should create a new custom field for it.
Then, you can add it in the files address_template of the menu Display->Views so that it's displayed in the addresses once entered.

12 years 4 months ago #30631

Hi there,

I recently purchased HikaShop and Nicolas suggested I ask you for some advice.

We use Royal Mail but as you know there pricing is complicated. At least I dont have the extra worry you do over wifths as all mypackages are bigger than 25mm. However I do struggle anyway as each customer can order (UK 1st class, UK second class, Europe, ROW.) and in each category (signed for, not signed for) anf then those eight vary in ezch case kaybe 100 times or so between 100grammes and 10 kilos.

Does this mean you created 800 different manual shipping options? I have the shop running now on another system and I just fill in a spreadsheet for each weight so it only took me an hour to setup.

I would be very grateful for any help!!

Thanks

James

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds