Paypal Sandbox connection failed

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12227

hi,

i have been making payment test using paypal sandbox with both merchant and buyer account and everything is ok until i get to the point where i received email in my buyer inbox that says:

Paypal payment notification refused: Connection to Paypal failed for the order B3Q7

Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the connection to the confirmation server failed.

Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_do...pal-error#connection
This notification was for the order B3Q7 on the website artholic.com.my/
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
artholic.com.my/index.php?option=com_hik...ask=edit&order_id=37

i have been searching through the forum and they say that it could be the problem with my hosting site blocking outgoing connection. so i called them, but they say they do not block any connection. now i'm stuck and don't have any idea what to do since i don't even know where the problem is. i'm thinking either to my change my hosting site or try bypassing the checking ip mechanism but i'm not even sure if buying a new hosting would solve my problem and the problem is really not on the hika side. can you help me confirm the real problem? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 1 month ago #12239

That problem happens when hikashop cannot establish a connection to paypal. It's either because your hosting company is blocking outgoing connections or because the fsockopen function of PHP is blocked in your PHP configuration (that's also something on your hosting company side). You can of course remove the check in the paypal plugin and keep the IP check. That should hopefully be enough security. However, each time you update hikashop you will have to reapply the modification to the paypal plugin.
Changing of hosting company should solve the problem as long as you dont go with another hosting company which blocks outgoing connections...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12241

ok. thank you for your advice. another question though, if i decided to remove the paypal check and just make it automatically change the order status to 'confirmed', would you kindly tell me how to do it exactly so that i won't waste anymore time studying and keep testing it till i get how i want it.

by the way, i have already told all my fellow e-commerce friends that your system is one of the best in the market. it just need a very detail tutorial that will be so useful for beginners, especially those without any joomla or css background at all. hope u guys can continue updating it till it's perfect. keep up the good work.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 1 month ago #12247

You can edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal.php and remove the code from the line (included):
$fp = fsockopen ( $url, $url, $errno, $errstr, 30);

until the line (not included):
$completed = preg_match("#Completed#i", $vars);

We'll keep on improving it yes :)

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds