Account registration page width

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #127

I thought i`d better start a new thread for this. I`ve only just noticed and i think it might be something to do with the 'State' drop down box, but the boarder of the registration page goes off the right hand side edge of the template, this might be fixable when i can edit the zones.:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 5 months ago #130

Yes, if you unpublish the countries and states with the longest names the dropdowns will shrink in size. You can also rename the longest one.
However, the size of the fieldset is locked in the CSS. So after reducing the dropdowns size, you will have to edit the front end CSS of hikashop via the interface provided in the configuration page under the tab display and reduce the width option of the CSS class hikashop_checkout_login_right_part (near line 175 of the file).

13 years 5 months ago #131

No worries, thanks.

13 years 5 months ago #184

A new issue with cart spilling out onto main page. Add an item to cart, continue browsing another category and:

Also, how come there is an underscore between each letter, for_example_like_this

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by manamaga.

13 years 5 months ago #187

Hi,

That problem happens when the translations can't be found. Usually that should not happen but for a strange reason, it happens on your website. Anyway, thanks to the FTP account you provided me earlier this week, I was able to find a solution and fixed it on your website. The modification will be added to the next release as well.

13 years 5 months ago #202

What can i say!? Thanks again. A service like this is a rarety these days! And its also the kind of service which prompts recommendations. Great work.

13 years 5 months ago #350

Back to the original problem of this thread, the width, i have removed the country drop down box, as most, if not all, of my clients business will be in the UK, but the width still rides over:

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #351

Yes, it's normal. Let me quote you the end of my message above:

"the size of the fieldset is locked in the CSS. So after reducing the dropdowns size, you will have to edit the front end CSS of hikashop via the interface provided in the configuration page under the tab display and reduce the width option of the CSS class hikashop_checkout_login_right_part (near line 175 of the file)."

13 years 5 months ago #354

I couldnt fine the part to edit via your description but i did find it eventually and this may be easier for anyone else who has this width problem. I used my ftp program to edit /www/components/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css as nicolas rightly pointed out, near line 175:

}
.hikashop_checkout_login_right_part{
width:400px;
float:left;

The width is set to 500px by default, i changed mine to 400px and all is fine ;)

13 years 5 months ago #355

If you edit the CSS file directly, you will loose the modification when you update. You should make a copy of this file and name it frontend_custom.css, then in the configuration, instead of using the default CSS file you should switch to the custom CSS file (Tab display in the CSS group of options).

13 years 5 months ago #380

Thanks for that, job done.

13 years 3 weeks ago #10316

Hi,

thanks a lot both of you. I had a similar width problem, and now hope to having fixed it this way - below changes in red in file "//media/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css":

/* checkout login layout */
.hikashop_checkout_login{
clear:both;
width:100%;
margin:auto;
}
.hikashop_checkout_login_left_part{
}
.hikashop_checkout_login_right_part{
}

As a consequence, the two boxes are now listed one after each other, not side by side anymore, thus I can fill the right column now as intended in the template I use.

Don't know if it works for you readers, however maybe it is of some help.

Regards, M. B)

www.buch-comptoir.de

shop.buch-comptoir.de

[Weltweiter Versand seltener Bücher]
Attachments:

13 years 3 weeks ago #10318

You should do these modifications via the interface provided in the config under the tab display for CSS edition. Otherwise, you will loose your modifications when you update hikashop.

13 years 2 weeks ago #10584

Thx a lot for the advice. As I use the German version I had a little problems finding it, but now I got it.

For German speaking users here's the path (as there are two menus called "Anzeige"):

Komponenten > HikaShop > Konfiguration (> System) > Anzeige > Box "CSS".

Regards, M. B)

www.buch-comptoir.de

shop.buch-comptoir.de

12 years 10 months ago #17024

Another hint for users which I experienced: After editing the Frontend / Backend CSS you not only need to click "Save" in the Editing Screen, however you need to close the latter, then click "Save" (or "Apply") in the Configuration Menu in order to make the changes being in effect at your shop. ;-)

www.buch-comptoir.de

shop.buch-comptoir.de

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds