Upgrade to Joomla 1.6

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #16550

Hi,

I have Hikashop on a Joomla 1.5.20 install and want to move to Joomla 1.6 to take advantage of the new access permissions. I've read a lot about the headaches of upgrading to 1.6 so I'm thinking of starting from scratch but I have done a lot of work in HikaShop and it would be great if there was some way I could move it across or at least export all of my products including variants and then import them on the new site.

Any help relating to moving HikaShop to Joomla 1.6 would be very much appreciated.

HH.

always look on the bright side....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
12 years 11 months ago #16556

Hi,

If you want to migrate HikaShop, you need to install it on your new website (you need to have the same version than the one installed actually on the previous website). Then, you need to go to phpmyadmin and delete all the jos_hikashop_ tables from the new website and then export the tables from the old website and import them on the new website. Then, via FTP, you need to transfer the content of the folder media/com_hikashop to the new website, the content of the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop (if you modified some of the views) to your new website, and finally the languages/en-GB/override content (if you have some override translations) to the new website.
The modules and menus you have for hikashop will have to be created again on joomla 1.6 as it's not possible to port them as long as joomla doesn't provide a migrator from 1.5 to 1.6...

Note that you can use the DJF ACL extension in order to manage ACLs on joomla 1.5.

12 years 11 months ago #16590

Thanks Nicolas,

I have downloaded and installed djf acl, created a group under public front end. I then added a new price to one of my products and assigned the group I created to that price. Now I get an error message saying I am not authorised to view this resource.

Do you have some documentation on how to setup djf acl for hikashop?

HH.

always look on the bright side....

12 years 11 months ago #16597

Hi,

I must say that I've never used DJF ACL so I wouldn't be able to help you. I just know that lots of other users are using it in order to manage ACLs on joomla 1.5 as it's the only extension which is compatible with the standard joomla groups.
There is a small documentation on the developer's website which might help you : www.davidfrassi.it/index.php?option=com_...view=field&Itemid=54

12 years 6 months ago #28850

Sorry for the gazillion questions Nicolas :S

I have used Jupgrade to transfer my site to 1.7 from 1.5 and all is well, except that HS isn't upgrading as you know, and I need to transfer the data over.

That aside, how do I find these tables to remove if they are in the "jupgrade folder":

"Then, you need to go to phpmyadmin and delete all the jos_hikashop_ tables from the new website"

I'm scared I am going to delete the wrong ones.

12 years 6 months ago #28880

If you installed HikaShop on your new website, you can find the tables in the database of your new website via phpmyadmin.

Then, you can just import the sql file that you exported via phpmyadmin from your previous website where you already had HikaShop.

12 years 6 months ago #29468

12 years 4 months ago #33898

Hi Nicolas,

Do you know how to transfer the databases if using spupgrade? extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...omla-migration/15609

At the moment, both the live site and my "upgrade" site are on the same database, so I cant delete the tables.

Do I need to create a new database?

12 years 4 months ago #33904

If you use the same database for both websites, then there is no need to move it :)

12 years 4 months ago #33905

Ha ha, I'm feeling a little red face now...

Guess I'll ask another stupid question: Why are my Hikashop contents not showing up in the 1.7 site? I moved over the images folder and languages etc...

Thanks and Merry Christmas :)

12 years 4 months ago #33908

Maybe because your migration tool didn't move your menus and modules to the new tables of joomla 1.7 ?
Usually, when you migrates from 1.5 to 1.7, menus and modules have to be setup again.

12 years 4 months ago #33940

Thanks Nicolas, I didn't realise I needed to import the products: www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html

Also, is there a way to make sure the product URL's are the same?

I'm getting category number differences:

category_pathway-37

category_pathway-39

Thanks! :)

12 years 4 months ago #33998

If you use the same database as before, there shouldn't be any need to export/import the products. Otherwise, you should copy the tables of HikaShop from the old database to the new one.
If you export/import your products, they will get different ids than before and that's why you have URLs discrepancies.

12 years 4 months ago #34054

Hey,

Even if the database is the same? Im so confused :blink:

12 years 4 months ago #34080

If the database is the same, it means that you already have all your products and categories in it. So I don't see why you would have to export/import ?
Maybe you have both joomla 1.5 and joomla 1.6/1.7 tables on the same database with different prefixes ? In that case, you should delete the tables of HikaShop using the prefix of your new website and duplicate the HikaShop tables of your old website and rename the copy so that they use the new prefix.

12 years 3 months ago #35883

I have just upgraded my Joomla 1.5 to 1.7. Installed the most recent version of Hikashop and enabled all the modules. However, it looks like nothing gets picked up from the database. Currently I have my old website running from the root folder (with serious issues, but that is another story), and the new site in jupgrade folder. I would have assumed that they both would be able to use the same data from the DB, but nothing shows up in the 1.7 and no data is available from the back end either.

What is happening and how to fix that?

I was thinking to export data from the old site and import it into the new one, but wasn't sure if that would run me into even more troubles with double entries etc.

Is there a step by step list available anywhere for regular upgrades?

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago #35884

I have just upgraded my Joomla 1.5 to 1.7. Installed the most recent version of Hikashop and enabled all the modules. However, it looks like nothing gets picked up from the database. Currently I have my old website running from the root folder (with serious issues, but that is another story), and the new site in jupgrade folder. I would have assumed that they both would be able to use the same data from the DB, but nothing shows up in the 1.7 and no data is available from the back end either.

What is happening and how to fix that?

I was thinking to export data from the old site and import it into the new one, but wasn't sure if that would run me into even more troubles with double entries etc.

Is there a step by step list available anywhere for regular upgrades?

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago #35894

Hi,

Is the step by step to migrate to Joomla 1.7:

If you want to migrate HikaShop, you need to install it on your new website (you need to have the same version than the one installed actually on the previous website). Then, you need to go to phpmyadmin and delete all the jos_hikashop_ tables from the new website and then export the tables from the old website and import them on the new website. Then, via FTP, you need to transfer the content of the folder media/com_hikashop to the new website, the content of the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop (if you modified some of the views) to your new website, and finally the languages/en-GB/override content (if you have some override translations) to the new website.

So yes, you should copy the hikashop tables from your old website to your new website database. Note that if you're not using the same table prefix from both websites, you will have to change the name of the tables after the import if you want HikaShop to pick them up.
The modules and menus you have for hikashop will have to be created again on joomla 1.7

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 3 months ago #36377

Hello Nicolas,

i followed all steps from above and have a problem, that because i use different access levels for users in Joomla 1.5 and have different access levels in Joomla 1.7. So, now i'm locked out of Hikashop in Joomla 1.7. I can see values in Access Level, but i can't submit new values (no Save button available). In jos_hikashop_user i changed id from 62 to 42 for super user, but it doesn't solve the problem.

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 3 months ago #36378

solved, i updated values in jos_hikashop_config and now i have access to all hikashop features ;)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds