- Posts: 87
- Thank you received: 10
Hide Basket while shopping
- gaborgaborgabor
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Hallo Forum,
easy sunday question.
What is the smartes way to hide the basket when we are in the Checkout process?
Cheers
Gabor
H6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Using the jomla menu/module system it's a bit tricky... You should create a menu linking to the checkout. Then, in the cart module joomla options, restrict the module display to the pages where you need it excluding the checkout page. and then modify the file cart of the view product to force the itemid in the action of the form so that it goes to the checkout itemid page. Not so easy...
Otherwise, you could edit the file cart of the view product in the HikaShop menu "Display->Views" and add a check like this :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gaborgaborgabor
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 87
- Thank you received: 10
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now I see. I was in the wrong file first time. I will try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am using the cart module in my sidebar - I want to do the same, hide the cart module when on the checkout pages. I have added this code and it works well to hide the module, except I still have the header of the module displaying (Saying "Your Cart") is there a way I can hide this too? It looks a bit silly having the header displayed with nothing underneath.
Also, I would like to hide the cart module if the users cart is empty too - is there an easy way to do this? May I also suggest this as an optional feature for the module (Tienda has this option).
Thanks in advance
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is an old post and the code of the cart must have changed a lot since one month and a half.
You should do differently now:
Set the option "force a menu on the checkout" to one of your menus, in the config under the tab display and then edit your cart module's joomla options to not be displayed on that particular menu. You won't get the title and you don't have to edit any code.
Concerning the possibility to remove the cart when it is empty, it's the first time someone ask us so we don't have yet a solution to do it easily. What you can do is edit the translation file in the config under the tab languages to remove the text displayed when the cart is empty. But the title will be displayed. We will look at such an option in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now, if you want to have the shop menu selected and the module not displayed, you should do it differently.
You could create a new position in your template index.php which would not be displayed on the checkout and attach the cart module to that position of your template.
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_add_a_new_template_position%3F
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Created a menu item under my main "shop" menu called "Checkout Now" which just links to the checkout.
2. Ensured that the cart module wasn't enabled for this menu item
3. Forced the "Checkout Now" menu item to be displayed on the checkout
This means that my original "shop" menu item is still highlighted and I now have an extra item in my dropdown allowing users to go directly to the checkout - win, win.
I will start a new thread in the general forum for the 'hide when empty' feature.
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.