Downloadable Content Issue: Large File

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #33026

I have a downloadable file located in /media/com_hikashop/upload/safe

I want to add the file to a product as a sale item. However I can't seem to find a way to attach an already uploaded file to a product. I am under Product -> Files -> Add. It only gives me the option to upload a file in which case I can't do that since the file is 1GB in size (its a movie).

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by cyphergt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #33028

I have the same/similar issue that I'm trying to solve. The challenge that I see with using the "Files" option in the New/Existing Product configuration is the limit of 24M. I have very large video files that I will configure to be downloadable content once a customer pays. I have the files already in the correct directory, which I FTP'd up to the server. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

12 years 5 months ago #33029

Well we are both on the same boat. I could probably change the upload size but that would be very annoying! I would have to re-upload all the files and I don't know for sure that it would work. I wouldn't mind having to point the product manually to the file if I knew how. Any help is greatly appreciated.

12 years 5 months ago #33040

Ok so I figured out a way to simply trick the system into thinking its a file that was uploaded through HikaShop.

First create a blank document on your computer. I did this by going to notepad -> then file "save as" -> type the name of the file and below that under save as change it from txt to All Files -> and save

now upload that document with hikashop under products -> product name -> files

choose whether the file is a free download or not.

Unfortunately I do not know where the free files go so I can't point that folder out yet since I don't need it but for the sale folder go to your ftp.

follow this path unless you changed it.
/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe

Upload your 1GB plus file here with a different name. Delete the 0kb file you uploaded using HikaShop and rename the file you just uploaded the same name as the one you had in HikaShop and there you have it!

Summary:

1: Make a file
2: Upload file with Hikashop
3: Upload Primary file via ftp
4: Delete Hikashop file
5: Rename Primary file to the same name as the deleted file

P.S. and if you have a problem with the extension type you can change that under HikaShop -> Configuration -> Files -> Allowed Files

Let me know how it turns out and good luck!

12 years 5 months ago #33042

I'll try this in about 15 mins and report back. Thanks for your work on this issue!

12 years 5 months ago #33043

No problem I needed it as well but now I'm on to my next stumbling block. Pay Pal and Google Checkout. Once I checkout I am never redirect to download the product. I also can't seem to figure out how a person could download the product later or download a purchased product multiple times.

12 years 5 months ago #33045

Ok so it doesn't have a redirect it only does it through email. But it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Here is the Development Post I made comment on it or create your own thread so they can fix this hopefully and just add a browse file button along with download.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...ed-file-browser.html

• Thank you received: 13106
12 years 5 months ago #33057

You can change the return URL in your payment plugins so that it goes to the listing of the orders of the user where he will be able to open his order and download the files.

12 years 5 months ago #33069

How do I do that I am under the paypal plugin and can't seem to find a redirect at checkout? I also checked the google checkout plugin.

12 years 5 months ago #33079

The option is called "return URL".

12 years 4 months ago #35508

I have the store working correctly now, but have a question about products that have already been uploaded and how to use those for other product combos. I have a total of (5) DVDs for download, bundled into two separate products as you can see on this page: www.iaepa.us/executive-protection-store

I'd now like to create a master bundle of all (5) DVDs as one product selection, but the system wants me to upload the products again. Is there anyway that I can just select the full (5) product files to be added to the "bundled product"?

Andy

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by aredman. Reason: added URL location

12 years 4 months ago #35540

The simplest would be to first create your product without files and then use the import of products to attach the files with the product with a small CSV like that:

product_code;files
my_new_product_bundle;file_name_1.zip,file_name_2.zip,file_name_3.zip

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds