Cart resets when user logins

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 2 weeks ago #15653

That list of plugins is fine.
Could you also do a list of the system plugins ? They would also be able to interfere...

Could you provide the URL of your website so that we can see the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 weeks ago #15668

System - Metatemplate Enabled
System - Core Design Scriptegrator plugin Disabled
System - RokBox Enabled
System - SEF Enabled
System - Debug Enabled
System - Legacy
System - Cache Disabled
System - Log Disabled
System - Remember Me Enabled

The live site can be found: Here

13 years 2 weeks ago #15679

Nicolas,

I am seeing this same problem on www.HighDesertVideo.com . Cart remains populated if login is through Checkout screen but if Joomla login is used the cart is reset. Site is using Joomla 1.5.23/Hikashop 1.4.8 (Business).

Ed

13 years 1 week ago #15708

We actually have the same problem on our demo website which wasn't the case before so it seems to be a bug in HikaShop's user plugin... We'll have to investigate the problem.

13 years 1 week ago #15724

It seems that on one of the latest releases of joomla 1.5, they changed the way the login is done and they fork the session of the user BEFORE calling the user plugins. Thus, the cart information is already no in the session when the plugin wants to load it. That means that we have to transform the user plugin into a system plugin so that it can be loaded before that session fork. Thus, here is a new user synchro plugin which you can install and use instead of the current user synchro plugin. The code is the same but the plugin is now of the group system instead of the group user. It now works for us on our end with that new plugin that we will add into next release.

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopuser.zip
File Size:2 KB

Attachments:

13 years 1 week ago #15727

Great, it works on my end as well! Thanks a mil :)

13 years 1 week ago #15735

The new plugin works! You will need to manually disable the original Hikashop User Sync plugin and enable the new system plugin. I'm sure most will figure that out, but thought I'd post to maybe save a little time.

Ed

13 years 6 days ago #16169

Hi Nicolas, thanks for the fix! I am now seeing the following behavior and wanted to check with you if it's expected:

1. User logs in and adds several items to cart.
2. User signs out of session
3. User comes back to site (perhaps at later time), without logging in, adds items to cart
4. User signs in again.

At this point, the shopping cart will contain only items from the latest session (step 3), all items added in step 1 are not there anymore. Is this what's supposed to happen? If so, is there any way we can somehow merge the two carts when they login? Thanks!!

13 years 6 days ago #16170

That's indeed the desired behavior.

You could create a user plugin and have it merging the carts of your user after he logs in, that could be possible.
On our end, we don't want to go that route for the core release as we have other plans for the carts: we would like to have an interface for the user to see his previous carts and be able to switch from one cart to the other. But that's in the long run...

• Thank you received: 3
13 years 3 days ago #16417

I have the same problem (I guess) where after user logs out and in again products remain in the cart even after they have been deleted during a previous session. For now I have disabled the Joomla log-in module.

Where do I put the (new?) hikashopuser.php and hikashopuser.xml files?

And I should disable the Hikashop User Link Plugin as described by Ed?

Would be easier if there is a complete workaround description for this. There must be more users having the same problem. As far as I can see this is not solved in version 1.5.0?

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by didero.

13 years 3 days ago #16419

We added that new plugin in 1.5.0.
It is not anymore a user plugin but a system plugin as it's not possible to do it with a user plugin.
The old user plugin should have been disabled automatically with the installation of the new version.

13 years 3 days ago #16421

Great :) That is clear. Thank you once again. Will wait for the new release in a few days: I only see a download link for the Starter Edition :(

13 years 3 days ago #16422

The commercial editions install package can be retrieved on your order page via the menu Your account>Your orders when you're logged in.

13 years 3 days ago #16433

Ok. Installed version 1.5.0 without any problems. The old User Synchronization Plugin has been disabled by default. I guess it is safe to remove it. Items remain in the shopping cart when user logs in and out (not the items from a previous session). So that's ok I assume.

But there's another problem now. When a user logs out items are still in the shopping cart and remain there but are NOT visible anymore.
That means that once a visitor has logged off and resumes his/hers shopping and he/she wants to check-out he/she gets the message "your shopping cart is empty" and cannot access the checkout process. Even if a place the login as first under the Configuration Tab -> Checkout.

And besides that I have the minicart on the right side which is also not showing any products before a login has taken place.

It there is no workaround for that I guess there is no other solution then disable all login modules again (which I have just done). Any ideas from your part would be appreciated.

Update 15:42:
More problems. When a product is deleted in the cart during the checkout process the Minicart still shows the product. And at the same time I get the message that the cart is empty? Will switch back to 1.4.9 for now (Installatron Backup).

Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by didero.

13 years 2 days ago #16457

I was able to reproduce the problem on our demo website with the latest version and fixed it. I also uploaded a new version of hikashop with the fix.

13 years 2 days ago #16494

Thank you and your team for all your trouble. Hikashop is already a success in combination with a Google Ad campaign. My client is happy and so am I. And maybe a new client is soon on its way. Will test the update of version 1.5.0 this evening and let you know ASAP.

Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by didero.

13 years 1 day ago #16502

Ok! The problems with the cart and minicart during login and out are indeed solved with the updated 1.5.0 version. Tested with 4 different browsers (although cart information is not stored with cookies) and with different login and out sessions.

Update 21:12
There is however one thing to keep in mind. When user logs out before placing the order the minicart says that there are no items in the cart. That could be a little confusing for customers. So that may be a reason to not activate a login module anywhere.

Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by didero. Reason: Update 21:12

13 years 1 day ago #16507

What you could do is to change the empty cart message as to not have anything displayed by the cart when empty.

13 years 1 day ago #16512

Yes I haven't thought of that. That works. The minicart is not present when the cart is empty. But then another 'problem' arises. When a product is added to the cart the minicart is not coming back again directly. Only after when I have opened another productpage the minicart is back. In the module I see an option to override the Empty cart message but no way to have the minicart always displayed when products are in the cart. Maybe an idea for a future release?

Anyway in my case I see no real advantage of activating a login module because it is not really needed: a customer can login during the checkout process and when he wants to change his account or see his order history. And logout is automatically triggered with the Joomla user session setting.

Update:
Reading my message afterwards I realize that automatically logging off as triggered by Joomla might be a reason to have a login module activated. So far customers have placed their order within the session time limit. At least I have had no complaints about that.

Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by didero. Reason: Update and Minicart visible when there a products in the cart

13 years 1 day ago #16521

(Sorry partly rewritten)

Yes I haven't thought of that. A different text is an option.

If left blank in the translation file (CART_EMPTY=" ") the minicart is not present when the cart is empty. Interesting option. But then another 'problem' arises. When a product is added to the cart the minicart is not coming back again directly. Only after when opened another productpage the minicart is back.

In another testsituation I have exact the same outcome as hoken has:
1) a user has added products
2) logs offs (or is automatically logged off)
3) forgets to login again but in the meantime he adds new products to the cart
4) the minicart and the cart in the checkout process show only the newly added products. In that case all the previous added products are gone.

As you state that is what the outcome should be right now then it's working OK.
For a customer this might be confusing.

That would be a reason for me not to add a login. Normally a customer can do his order within the Joomla User session time limit.

Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by didero.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds