Alternate Shipping Address

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5882

Hello All,

I'm really enjoying using HikaShop and just about ready to go live with my store (previously using Zencart).

One of the remaining issues has to do with checkout workflow. I see the checkbox for "Use The Same Address for Billing", but when that is unchecked, I can't find a way to enter the Shipping Address. Also, if I uncheck that box and then change the payment method, the screen refreshes and the box is checked again. Does there need to be an additional step included in the workflow?

One other issue is with the New Address modal display. The OK button is way off to the right and the user has to scroll to even know that it is there. Is this something that can be adjusted in HikaShop or is this a function of my template?

Thanks, and Thanks also for the great support you provide!
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
13 years 3 months ago #5883

Hi,

Your shipping address checkbox issue sounds like this:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...age-issues.html#3724
Could you check that ? It should work with new versions of HikaShop though.

The modal popup box uses the component.php file of your template so you could look at that.

Also, the debug mode of joomla might produce such issues, but if you turn it off in the config, that will fix the problem.

13 years 3 months ago #5886

Hmmm... I think I have the latest version and onclick is used in the checkout/address file referenced in your link. Should a new address box open up as soon as the checkbox is unchecked?

Debug mode is off and I will take a look at the component.php file for a solution to the modal box issue.

Thanks,
Ed

13 years 3 months ago #5887

When the checkbox is unticked, it should display the same thing than on the billing address part. If that doesn't work, it might be because of a javascript error on your page. Could you check on that with firebug ?

13 years 3 months ago #5888

hdracing wrote:

Hmmm... I think I have the latest version and onclick is used in the checkout/address file referenced in your link. Should a new address box open up as soon as the checkbox is unchecked?

It is an IE issue because I just checked FF and it works. (should have done that before my last post)

Ed

13 years 3 months ago #5889

nicolas wrote:

When the checkbox is unticked, it should display the same thing than on the billing address part. If that doesn't work, it might be because of a javascript error on your page. Could you check on that with firebug ?

There are no errors reported by IE or FF.

13 years 3 months ago #5890

Could you double check that you have onclick in your checkbox ?
If it works in FF and not IE, that's the only plausible issue I can see.

13 years 3 months ago #5894

This is what I have in the checkout/address file:

<input class="hikashop_checkout_shipping_same_address" <?php echo $checked; ?>type="checkbox" id="same_address" name="same_address" class="inputbox" value="yes" alt="Same address" onclick="return hikashopSameAddress(this.checked);" />

Ed

13 years 3 months ago #5895

Could you give the URL of your website ?

13 years 3 months ago #5897

13 years 3 months ago #5899

I see that the input checkbox of HikaShop is hidden by your template and replaced by its own checkbox.
The problem is in fact in your template checkboxes system which doesn't handle the onclick on IE.
If you remove the inline style display:none;position: absolute;left: -10000px which is added automatically by your template, that will display back the HikaShop checkbox on top of the one of your template and the checkbox switch will work on IE.
So I'm afraid that the only solution will be to disable the checkbox override you have on your template or ask rocketheme to fix their checkbox system so that it works on IE.

13 years 3 months ago #5900

I like Rocket Theme templates and all the control they provide over a website, but they sure don't play well with a lot of components. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the trouble. The good thing is that they are usually pretty good about providing work-arounds, so I'll see what they have to say.

Just a thought, why does it work in FF if that is what they are doing? Could it be something they only do with IE?

Thanks for finding the problem,
Ed

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by hdracing.

13 years 3 months ago #5902

I don't know how they do it so I couldn't say why. All the JS code of your template is obfuscated so it's not possible to look inside it.

13 years 3 months ago #5963

Nicolas,

I found a solution to this problem as it relates to Rocket Theme templates. In the Gantry Control panel for the theme, I selected the Menu Item Checkout (where my checkout process is displayed) and disabled Input Styling (Advanced tab) for that page only.

Seems to have fixed this problem and I'm now able to select or create a different shipping address. Now if I can get the OK button underneath my form fields in the pop-up box, I'll be just about ready!

Ed

13 years 3 months ago #5965

Great news then ! Thank you for posting the information.

What you could do is remove the float:right; for that button in the CSS of HikaShop. That way it won't go to the right when the page in the popup is not correct in width. But that doesn't solve the real problem :)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds