HTML Markup consistancy

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 9 months ago #163668

Hi,
I have being customising the look of hikashop and hikamarket for a couple of different project and I am facing the inconsistency on the markup and classes and id's.

I will list two examples but there is many more.

Example 1
Hikashop customer orders filter have an id and inputbox class
<input name="search" id="hikashop_search" class="inputbox" value=""...
While the hikamarket filter have id but no class
<input name="search" id="hikamarket_products_listing_search" class="" value=""...

Example 2
Vendor account edit form uses tr > td > input
But then the vendor add product form uses dl > dd > input
And different or no classes

There are a number of other instances where you can see this type of inconsistency.
Yes, I can share on single style but it takes longer than if it was consistent.
I also would like to see lesser the use of table to layout.

Don't take me wrong, the extension is fantastic, very powerful but I think the front-end is not as strong.
I hope no one get offended but take it as customer (me) feedback that may help improve.

-- HikaMarket Multivendor: 1.4.1
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #163678

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
And don't worry, I am not offended. You're totally right, the consistency in HikaMarket is not perfect at all.

For the classes on the input, I will see to fix a maximum for the next release. Don't hesitate to mention me the missing elements.

About the HTML structure, when I designed HikaMarket, I wanted to improve it, using the new structure models (dl/dd), like the product edition page.
But for some elements I didn't use a new structure and keep the same kind of HTML than HikaShop (like the vendor edition page).
I am currently working on the vendor edition page in order to integrate the possibility for a user to register "all in one" (Joomla + HikaShop + HikaMarket) and I realized that I still used tables for that.
The vendor edition page is currently in re-factoring in order ot use dl/dd. I don't want to have two views like HikaShop for the table and the bootstrap structures.

Our goal is to have something easy for user to customize so it is a good thing you mentioned the troubles you got for your customization.
The view override is a good solution for high customization but having at the start enough elements at the beginning to let you make a CSS is important.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds