Paypal & custom field

• Thank you received: 13100
12 years 10 months ago #19193

When you edit your messages after posting, we don't see it all the time. You should create a new reply so that we can see it. I didn't see your questions so I didn't answer.

1. You can't have several custom fields with the same name indeed. There is no link between the 2 custom fields. The code I told you to add says to not display the custom item fields if the field domein is not Ja. So if you need several custom fields couples, You will have to have some other code to handle that.
In that case you should add something like that in the foreach few lines below:
if($this->element->domein!='Ja' && $fieldName=='domeinnam') continue;

2. You can edit the views via the menu Display->Views. You can edit the CSS in the config under the tab Display.

3. Everything is possible if you code it. It's just not possible by default. You would have to edit the view and add some check on the field.

4. It's to display the items in the listing of products on the order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
12 years 10 months ago #19196

about 1: what if both or more fields were optional (i know this is stretching the original question a little but i wanna understand how things work), call me a nerd. 'cause i am lol :D. Maybe add this to the "todo list" for the next version.

about 2: anything in particular i need to look for ? I've seen that the more articles you add on a line it auto gets scaled but in my template that would make things become unreadable if i displayed too much on a row

about 3: i know that's possible with php and setting a limit on how it may be done but i don't know how. The limit i need is rather simple. any alphanumerical text and -'s then a dot then eg be, com etc. can the folks at hika do this (if needed for a fee). It would be superb if this could be included in the next version aswell

should also have added another reply lol, i don't really like "bumping" topics and alot of boards don't allow it either

12 years 10 months ago #19205

1. The code in my previous post would handle that.

2. Wait, you're talking about the number of columns of the listing ? That can be changed in the hikashop options of your menu/module that you can access via the menus Display->Content menus/modules

3. We can do it for a small fee. You can use our contact form to request a quote.

I don't particularly like when people bump threads because we didn't reply in the hour and they want their answer...But for posting additional information/questions or if your question slipped our queue, that's not a problem.

12 years 10 months ago #19284

for 1 & 3 i know enough for now. That was just out of curiousity, don't have the need for more custom fields
about 2: yes i'm talking about the colomns (i think), i know the images displayed in a column get smaller if you increase the amount of columns on a row. But that's exactly what i DON'T want to do, as it will eventually impact the readability of my product titles (i think). I'd love to know if there is a way to resize them without adding more columns

12 years 10 months ago #19292

The images size do not change when changing the number of columns of the listing.
The thumbnails size of listings is controlled by the thumbnail width and height options located in the tab Files of the configuration. If you change them the images size will change. If you increase them, the images will get blurry so you will have to delete the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail via FTP so that HikaShop can regenerate the thumbnails files with the new size.

12 years 10 months ago #19297

i'm not really talking about that barcode image. I'm talking about the white area arround it & the product name that will become unreadable i think if there are too much columns on 1 line

12 years 10 months ago #19299

So you want to increase the margin between each item box ? Please do a screenshot to explain what you would like to change and give a link to that page in case we need to test the CSS.

12 years 10 months ago #19302

Nope, i want to remove that white area & black border that surrounds the article, and resize the whole thing. I've found how i can resize them and thats by adding more products (columns) per row but if i do that the text & add to cart button start to get beyond the black border. If i add to much on 1 line the whole thing gets screwed up. The only way i know arround that is to increase the main with of the template but that then screws up the template

account details from mail are still valid

12 years 10 months ago #19303

So you want to remove the white background color ?
You can do that in the hikashop options of your menu/module. There is a color option in the bottom left corner of the edition screen.

12 years 10 months ago #19316

that and rescale the articles, as you see in the 2nd image. Too much on 1 line screws it up, only fix is to edit template and if i enlarge the main body, then the template looks like crap

12 years 10 months ago #19317

If I'm following you correctly, you want to have your 5 products per line like on your screenshot 2, without increasing the width of the main area. Is that right ?
If so, I don't see how you could do that.

12 years 10 months ago #19318

Guess i'll have to tweak the template then for something that looks acceptable.

Just a few suggestions then for the next version
* As per post 1: a way to add the paypal cost to the product cost. (think its arround 3.4% + fixed amount and/or add a fixed paypal cost)
* Scalable product display ?
* The ability for custom fields to be optional per article, without having to "hack" arround in the views

12 years 10 months ago #19319

We're planning next release for the beginning of the week so that won't be possible :)

Points 1 and 3 are things that we want to add in the future yes. For point 2, I don't see how we could fit more products than possible in a defined space. The product display is already quite scalable...You can change the image size, change the text size with CSS, change the number of products on a line, etc.

12 years 10 months ago #19320

ah well, thx for sticking with me then. I'm curious what the next release will bring :)

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds