More Joomla component integration..

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #117407

I know HikaMarket is being integrated into more and more Joomla coms.
But would love it if the integration was so tight, they would act like they were made for each other..
ex:
Kunena Forum
HikaSerial
JomSocial
SobiPro
Joomla ACL

with the right integration, Kunena Forum could be the de facto support center for vendors needing to support their products. Which with the use of HikaSerial, users couldnt get into a specific thread without a serial number that was issued at the time of product purchase! Or perhaps their account is now simply flagged as having BOUGHT the item and can now inter the support thread WITHOUT a serial.

JomSocial well that goes without saying. Making the store social would be good for everybody. Plus! With it working alongside Sobipro...

...Sobipro. Could make the vendors personal page so much more powerful. and with the plugin to show all of their items on it, plus a link to their kunena based support forum.. awesome possibilities.

Jooma ACL.. may already be there.. havent seen it yet.. but would be great to have a vendor join a specific 'group' of vendors, and that group can ONLY post to the categories afforded their group. Where as other groups cannot post to ANY categories they arent members of.
This in turn BOTH keeps the store uncluttered, and less chance for the vendors to be confused on where they should post certain items.

And there are More large powerful coms out there to consider! :)

I meant to say.. rather than re-create wheels, lets leverage what is already out there! Dont need messaging system built in if we tap into Uddeim the right way, correct?

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Maddox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 8 months ago #117536

Hi,

The integration with JomSocial (and Community Builder) are already in our TODO list. We have to finish some important features before that, there are some dependencies as you can imagine.

About HikaSerial, the integration with HikaMarket is already there and we will continue to improve it, adding some interfaces in the front-end for HikaSerial, letting the vendors configure and use some generation or consumption plugins.

For Joomla ACL, HikaMarket is already compatible with. We are working on new features in order to simplify the links between the ACL of HikaMarket and Joomla.

I know Kunena and I have made some plugins/integration for it. I have some difficulties to understand what you want to do with but I guess that won't be a problem.
For Sobipro, I don't think that is the right way for an integration. Let Sobipro uses HikaMarket modules and display some fields yes. But I don't know why HikaMarket should use/call Sobipro for his vendor page.

HikaMarket is not re-creating wheels and making integration with other components is really important but before doing this, some features are need. We can't integrate with JomSocial and Community Builder if we don't have a finish vendor listing for example. And we are currently working on it.

To summarize, I have updated the HikaMarket todo list with your ideas and we will provide new integration as soon as the component will be enough mature, with enough feature, to accept them.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #117968

Any update on the status of Community Builder integration.

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 8 months ago #118025

It is still on our TODO list. Note that Jerome's answer was 2 days ago. Our answer will be the same for a few weeks/months at least until we finish some of the "big" features of HikaMarket before that.

• Thank you received: 13
10 years 4 months ago #136214

What about CB integration status?

Thanks in advice.

10 years 4 months ago #136280

Hi,

Well, the vendor listing is now working good and we are currently working on another big big improvement about the ACL.
Thanks to it, it will be possible to configure ACL and options for specific groups.
When a vendor will have a group, it will receive the configuration and options.

So we didn't start the CB integration yet.
Someone had a project with HikaMarket + CB, he first asked for some custom development but finally, the current features were good enough for him. It could be a good thing to have a concrete project in order to start the development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 4 months ago #136288

Thanks for reply Jerome,

at the moment I think that CB can handle well integration with HikaShop thanks to CB Auto Action Plugin or CB Query plugin. It could be possible to set an auto action or a query plugin to take fields from HikaShop and match them into CB. Not tryed yet but I think I can do it.

Now, what I would expect with CB and HikaShop integration at the moment is much more easier.

I just would redirect users to CB registration instead of HikaShop registration.

I can't do that just disabling Joomla registration and enabling CB redirection plugin, 'cause in that case when a user go to checkout it's adviced that registration is not possible.

The solution would be to edit that hikashop view file to show the CB login module (so I can also show the CB Connect plugin for Facebook, Twitter, etc... access) and also change the info message "no registration allowed" with a link pointing to CB registration form.

So, if this would be implemented with a Hika-CB redirection plugin would be really perfect.

Obvious, in future a complete integration between CB and HikaShop would be fantastic to completly match also fields, but at the moment I don't need it, just a redirection to CB for registration.

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by deltafidesign.

10 years 4 months ago #136291

Hi,

Ok, I see.
It is a really good idea but for what I see, it is something for HikaShop and not for HikaMarket.
If HikaShop have the sync with CB, at this moment, HikaMarket will have too, but the user has to be up to sync in HikaShop first.

I will discuss with the HikaShop team in order to see what are the possibilities.

Thanks for your feedback !

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: deltafidesign

10 years 4 months ago #136296

Thanks Jerome,

I've opened this other topic to discuss CB registration redirection:
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/864301-...istration-to-cb.html

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds