Multilingual Productimport

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54732

I added the line, as you suggested:

$table = $this->db->loadResult();
var_dump($table);

(2 times in the import.php file).

None additional text has been displayed in the import, but the normal "X products found : X new products imported, X invalid product code, X already existing products".

Because the import of the my file made by you run correctly, I suspected that the problem could be connected to the default language. In my case the default language is Italian (language_id: 2). I changed it in English, in the Joomla configuration, but the various tests I did didn't succeed.

I did one more test: I imported a csv file with a product description in the 3 languages (just 1 product - see attachment).
I verified that the default language that is assumed by Joomfish is the language of the backend. I change from Italian to English and viceversa and the imported description change subsequentely, according to the backend language. In any case a single language version is shown (you can see this at the URL: tmp.ushaexport.com - the involved product is the code 101 - category: riding-> saddle).

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Nanni. Reason: One more test

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 10 months ago #54814

Well all that doesn't help much. Since it works for us and not for you and that we use the same hikashop and the same csv, the only thing left is the specificities of your website. Maybe the joomfish tables are different for example ?
We would have to debug directly on your website to understand what's going on.

11 years 10 months ago #55162

The problem should be solved.
We modified administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php at the line 1231.
We substituted:
if($translationHelper->isMulti()){
with:
if($translationHelper->isMulti(true,false)){
I tried with the product_name and it works fine (in Joomfis the translations appear).

11 years 10 months ago #55164

Ah yes, that you for your feedback. No I understand why it worked for us. Without that change it would not work in the starter edition.
I suppose that you are using the starter edition ?

We'll change that so that all the editions can import translations.

11 years 10 months ago #55179

I confirm you that I am using the starter edition, for this installation ( tmp.ushaexport.com ).
This web is mainly a catalog (without prices/checkout) available in three languages.
I did not find any limitation in product import for starter edition, unless I did not well understand the option "Activate the edition of content in multiple languages" only for professional.
If you think that it should be usefull, I can send to you by email the access for the backoffice.

11 years 10 months ago #55180

No, that's normal.
The limitation shouldn't be there.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #74034

Hello, sorry to resurrect this thread but I have run into issues as well.

Main components:
Joomla 2.5.7
HikaShop 1.6.0
Falang 1.1.7
PhP 5.3.17
db collation: latin1_swedish_ci

My website is multi-lang: English and French (default). The Hikashop content elements appear in Falang and work properly when I use the backend to manually enter the text and translations. It doesn't seem to work properly, however, when I attempt to use the import feature.

I simplified my import file to the following two lines:

product_code,product_name,price_value,categories,images,product_description|fr-FR,product_description|en-GB ,product_quantity
D101,Ace Summer Sunset,4.5,"12,16, 27,126",Ace_summer_sunset.jpg,"Mon texte de défaut","My default text",44

note: The file imports without any errors.

Problem #1: When I import this file, only the the english gets loaded into the default product's language (which is french).

Problem #2: The Falang content element for this product remains empty.

Problem #3: Despite trying ISO-8859-1 and UTF 8, the accents (é,ç, etc) are not kept, they are simply stripped from the text.

I figure I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what...thanks for looking into this.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by eskimoroll. Reason: clarification

11 years 6 months ago #74359

Hi,

Your CSV should be:
product_code,product_name,price_value,categories,images,product_description,product_description|en-GB ,product_quantity
D101,Ace Summer Sunset,4.5,"12,16, 27,126",Ace_summer_sunset.jpg,"Mon texte de défaut","My default text",44

If you copy/paste your CSV text in the "import from textarea" and try again, you should get the accents.

11 years 6 months ago #74373

I tried it as you suggested and I got the same results.

I disabled AceSEF and tried again.

I tried making 'en' the default language and changed -> product_description,product_description|fr-FR

In all cases it seems to ignore Falang completely.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by eskimoroll.

11 years 5 months ago #74897

If you go in the translations area of falang and search for the translations, do you find them ? If not it means that the problem is with the CSV. If yes, it means that the problem is with the setup of Falang itself and in that case, you should not be able to translate joomla articles either via falang.

11 years 5 months ago #74909

I'm assuming Falang is working properly, I can see all my products and categories. Also, when I manually add translated text into Falang:Hikashop elements (products/categories) it seems to work as expected.

I am able to reproduce it with this entry which I paste into the textarea:

product_code,product_name,price_value,categories,images,product_description,product_description|en-GB ,product_quantity
D101,Ace Summer Sunset,4.5,"12,16, 27,126",Ace_summer_sunset.jpg,"Texte en français","English text",44

My website language setup: french (default), english

When I import, the "English Text" gets imported into the product_description of the default product (which is french). Nothing gets imported into the product in Falang, it remains empty.

Does the import function use the website language code in any way? The reason I ask is because I'm using AceSEF normally and just want to know if I have to disable it when I import. For the test above I disabled it and deleted the acesef cache beforehand.

11 years 5 months ago #75139

I changed products and the delimeter to see:

product_code;product_name;price_value;categories;images;product_description;product_description|en-GB;product_quantity
D102;Aitara Majesty;4.5;"12,16, 27,94,126";Aitara_Majesty.jpg;"Texte en français";"English text";44

Imported fine.

I noticed the default(french) product's description gets overwritten with "English Text". Conversely, existing text in the falang translation is not affected by the import.

Can anyone using the import + multi-lang feature confirm that it is working successfully?

I am wondering if it isn't a conflict with another extension

My setup:
Joomla 2.5.7
HikaShop 1.6.0
Falang 1.1.7
PhP 5.3.17

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by eskimoroll.

11 years 5 months ago #75453

I can confirm that the import with multi lang is working fine on our end.
Your can try it yourself on our demo website backend which has falang setup with english as the main language, french and japanese.
I tried to import your product and changed en-GB to fr-FR since the main language of the demo website is english and it all imported fine.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 1 week ago #199943

Hi
The post is usefull but i have some questions ( more general explicit ) :
1) during the post hks team say use "product_name|en-GB product_name" and after this answer all the post use ";product_name|en-GB; ". The en-GB caz nbe place both before or after product-name separate by a | ?
2) why doing this way is supported /Work ? or which extension add this functionalities/manage this way of import ? Does it need falang ? joomfish ? joomla override install ? Does doing this work for all joomla object (extension) or only for hikashop object ( wich ? : variant , hikashop categories , hks product ? .......)?

regard's

• Thank you received: 4005
9 years 1 week ago #200029

Hi,

When it comes with multi-lingual ; it requires a multi-lingual component like Falang or Joomfish.
Like we write a dozen of times (or maybe more than that), the Joomla translation system does not allow to create a multi-lingual store using HikaShop (or not the way that you want to have a multi-lingual store).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8
8 years 5 months ago #222363

Hello and sorry to revive this old thread.
I'me trying to import a CSV file with products to my multilingual site.
Here are the fields:
product_code
categories
product_name
product_name|en-GB
product_name|he-IL

I've setup the file according to the instructions in this thread and when importing I've chosen UTF-8 under "File Charset". the products are all imported but:
1. Category is not assigned and it's assigned to the default product category. Tried it twice, once with the Hebrew name and once with the English (translated in falang) name. When I've created a category with name set to English only and imported the products there it worked. I guess there's an issue with the Hebrew names?
2. Product name is shown in English only. Checking the little flags for translation, there's no English or Hebrew.

Can you please advice?

UPDATE:
It seems that Microsoft Excel was the fault for most of the problems. Once I've worked with Open Office things started working better. I've managed to import the products to the right category (using the Hebrew category name). Product's names are still set in English by default although the names where set in Hebrew. Translation was imported for Hebrew but no for English but I guess that should do as it works great on both languages :)

Thank you.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by theguy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds