Authorize automatically capturing

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
11 years 10 months ago #54213

I have authorize.net installed and it automatically captures the payment instead of just authorizing it. How do I change this - on my old store I did not charge the customer until the order is shipped. I do not want it to automatically capture the payment.

How do I change this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
11 years 10 months ago #54280

You will have to change the line:
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_CAPTURE';
to:
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_ONLY';

in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize.php

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 10 months ago #54292

Thank you

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 9 months ago #55129

Hello - I changed the code in the file to:

$vars["x_relay_response"] = 'FALSE';
$vars["x_customer_ip"] = $order->order_ip;
$vars["x_type"] = 'AUTH_ONLY'; // AUTH_ONLY would be able to just ask for the availability of money and it would be necessayr to make another request in CURL after the order is ready to ship with the same transaction id
$vars["x_login"] = $method->payment_params->login_id;
if(!empty($order->order_id)){
$vars["x_invoice_num"] = $order->order_id;
$vars["x_po_num"] = $vars["x_invoice_num"];
}

and an order still came through authorized and captured - Is there anything else I need to do? I only changed it in this one place.

11 years 9 months ago #55178

No that should be enough. Maybe there is an option forcing that in your authorize.net account ?

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #69479

Hello again - I am sorry to be returning again with this problem but after upgrading to hika 1.6 I still cannot get my authorize plug in to "authorize only". I just received an order that went through ok (I think - although I cannot see it on authorizenet) but was automatically captured - at that time the capture setting in the program was set to "0" Then I did a test with it set to "blanc" and it still went through automatically captured.

A while ago I though I fixed it when I changed the code in the new php file to authorize only - I think it worked for a while - then it went back to capturing. Then I took a new copy of the php file (from the upgrade folder that I downloaded) and am using that now in its original form (I think)

Please advise

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #69482

Just another note (Maybe this is the wrong spot to post) - In future upgrades please consider changing the "related products" slightly. I like it now, but on some products I selected 2-4 related products and it was just to much info for the page. Is there some way to make a smaller related page - such as just an image and limited text?

11 years 6 months ago #69574

There is now an option "instant capture" in the authorize.net plugin.If it's turned on, it will capture the funds immediately. If it's turned off, it won't. Make sure that it's off and save the options of the plugin and that should be enough. There is no code modification needed anymore.

The related products listing is displayed with a normal hikashop products listing module. So you can configure it via the menu Display->Content modules.
Just change the display options of the module to your needs.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #69617

Attachment not found

Please help! An order will go through and it says it is ok in the orders section - but it never gets to authorizenet. They have not seen transactions in the last 10 days! I have a screenshot of the plugin setup.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bigfoot.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #69622

More info - I checked old "merchant email receipts" from an old order that went through ok compared to a recent one that failed and the recent one said "Test mode" in the top and no authorization code or transaction Id. Then I checked Authorize net on line and my account shows I am still in "Live Mode". I will call them when they open but could this be a php file issue? (I am wondering if I damaged the file) It just started recently when I went to HIKA 1.6 The recent email receipt says I am still in capture mode (even though the hika plugin has capture turned off)

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bigfoot. Reason: Adding more info

11 years 6 months ago #69744

If you don't get any transaction at all to authorize.net even though the orders are created in HikaShop, then it's definitely not a problem with the instant capture option.
That plugin is working well in 1.6.0 for other users. There is no reason it wouldn't be the case for you.
Contacting authorize.net support is a good idea at this time. It might indeed be an issue with your account.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #69851

I still have a big problem. I just talked to authorizenet on the phone and did some tests with them. I am not in TEST MODE - (They said I would see a big red bar saying test mode on the site if I was) They submited a .01 transaction at their end ok, I can submit transaction ok through my virtual terminal and then I did a test order through the Hikasop program. I received the order at my end, I received a Merchant Email Receipt that said I was in test mode and authorize net received nothing. Something from hikashop is putting authnet in test mode.

What do I do now? :(

11 years 6 months ago #70024

You probably have the "debug" option of the authorize.net plugin turned on. It activates the test mode of authorize.net
Turn it off and you will be in live mode.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #70116

:) Thank you - Now I remember that I probably turned the debug on to fix the capture issue. Orders are now going through.

However, they are still automatically capturing and I want it to authorize only.

What do I check now.

11 years 6 months ago #70312

Did you try to set the instant capture option to 0 ?

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #70398

I just changed it from "empty space" to "0" - submitted a $3 order and it was still instantly captured (But it did go through ok :) )

11 years 6 months ago #70599

Change the code:
<input type="text" name="data[payment][payment_params][capture]" value="<?php echo $this->element->payment_params->capture; ?>" />

to:
<?php echo JHTML::_('hikaselect.booleanlist', "data[payment][payment_params][capture]" , '',@$this->element->payment_params->capture ); ?>

in the plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize/authorize_configuration.php file and turn off the instant capture option of the plugin and that should do it.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #70619

I made the change to the file, uploaded it, the instant capture option box was not even visible (just the text) I tried a $5 test order and it still came through as instantly captured. ??

11 years 6 months ago #70769

Use that lien of code instead:
<?php echo JHTML::_('select.booleanlist', "data[payment][payment_params][capture]" , '',@$this->element->payment_params->capture ); ?>

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 6 months ago #70821

I changed the code to the one you gave me - tried a test order and it still was captured.

By the way I like the new setup of "captured yes or no" Put it in next upgrade - easier to understand than numbers.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds