Affiliate questions

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #717

Hi,

I need a shopping experience that will allow me to reward affiliates when they refer customers to my store. HikaShop might work for me, but before I purchase the Business edition (to get the Affiliate Program) I have some questions. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Components > HikaShop > User > Edit > Custom Fees = yes

1) Is this where I can set the percentage of reward for the affiliate? The word "fee" is confusing to me.

Front end > Login > HikaShop Affiliate Program

2) Can the affiliate use their earnings toward purchases in my store? Or can they just look at how much they have earned?
3) What happens if the customer (that was referred by the affiliate) comes back in the future and buys something else? Can I give credit to the affiliate for that lead, even if they don't come from partner_id=xx when they return?

Thank you very much for your help.

Deb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 6 months ago #718

Hi,

1) Yes, that's the reward you can set for an affiliate. You can consider the word fee as affiliate reward/earning in HikaShop. You can also set global fees in the configuration under the tab affiliate. These global fees will be used for all affiliates unless custom fees are set for the affiliate who forwarded the user to your website.

2) Currently, they can just look at the amount they earned as well as a detailed per order, per lead or per click listing of their earnings. You can then create a coupon for them and mark the orders/lead/clicks earnings as paid, if they want to spend their earnings on your website. We can always add an option to convert the earnings into a coupon or something like that. Nothing is frozen, we just need users to tell us what they want :)

3) I invite you to read our documentation on the affiliate system which explains all that: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/54.html#affiliate
Basically, when a user come to your website with the &partner_id in the url, a cookie is added to his browser for a period you can set in the config. This cookie will tell HikaShop later on who is the affiliate who brought the user to the website. As long as the cookie doesn't expire, the affiliate will be rewarded.

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 6 months ago #719

Thank you sooooo much for your quick and informative reply! HikaShop sounds like it might work perfectly. I have to talk to my client and make sure that they are okay with your answers.

Thanks again!

Deb

11 years 9 months ago #59607

Hi!

"You can then create a coupon for them and mark the orders/lead/clicks earnings as paid, if they want to spend their earnings on your website. We can always add an option to convert the earnings into a coupon or something like that. Nothing is frozen, we just need users to tell us what they want "

Great idea!

Also, alpha user points looks very buggy and little support. Download warns it doesn't work. Is there an alternative you can think of?

11 years 9 months ago #59672

If you want to handle points for users, that's the only option I know on Joomla.I don't think that anything else exists for that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101

10 years 5 months ago #132362

Bonjour,

Ma question est: Bannière affilié. Si on ajoute une promotion pour un produiit spécifique, et que le client achète finalement un autre produit de la boutik que mon revendeur aura promotionnée, est ce que mon vendeur touchera quand même la commission? j´aimerai que ça soit le cas. :)
merci de votre réponse

10 years 5 months ago #132413

Ce sera le cas oui.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds