Working with distributors for downloadable goods

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 2 months ago #39202

Hi Nicolas,

I'm still trying to work out the best way to handle distributor sales. I sell downloadable software and I use the HikaShop system to provide my customers access to the download link thru their order page. This works well for website-direct customers. However, I need to start working with distributors/resellers in order to expand my business, and here's the rub. The distributor will close his deal with the customer, take the money and then place a discounted order on my site, so far so good. But it's the end-user who needs a login and download rights.

Can you think of a way to make this work?

Conrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #39333

Hi,

The best would be to ask the distributor, which place the order for his customer to create a new account each time for the user using a coupon unique to him.
Then, he would be able to give the access to his user so that he can access his downloads.

I don't any other "easy" way to do it.

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 2 months ago #39380

yep,

that's not so great. The coupon might go astray or get abused and it's a bit late to put the toothpaste back in the tube once the customer has downloaded. Perhaps a private affiliate link might be better paying a commission back to the distributor for an order actually paid and delivered. Things to think about...

C

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #39409

Giving a coupon to the distributor in order to create discounted order for his clients or giving him a username/password for him to do that, the difference isn't big. The username/password could be abused too in the same manner. And in both cases you would know from which distributor the problem came from.
Also, if you want more security, using coupons, you could use quotas so that the distributor would be able to only do 10 purchase with a coupon before having to use a new one.

Now I don't know all the details so that might not be practical for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cpreen

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds