Add a New Affiliate?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #41171

hey i am trying to figure out how to add affiliates and give them their affiliate links?

i have activated the affiliate plugin but i don't see how to add a new affiliate and give them
an affiliate link?

please give detailed instructions i am new to hika shop and definitely not a programmer.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
12 years 2 months ago #41335

You can go in the Users menu of HikaShop and edit a user. There, you will find an option to activate the affiliate program from him.
Once it's done, it's easy to give him the link. Just click on the "email" button on that same screen to send an email to him and give him a link of your website with "?partner_id=XXX" appended at the end where XXX is the id of the user. If there is already a "?" in the URL, instead of "?partner_id=XXX", you should add "&partner_id=XXX".

The following user(s) said Thank You: nova88

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #73514

This means that you have to send the affiliate link manually?

nicolas wrote: You can go in the Users menu of HikaShop and edit a user. There, you will find an option to activate the affiliate program from him.
Once it's done, it's easy to give him the link. Just click on the "email" button on that same screen to send an email to him and give him a link of your website with "?partner_id=XXX" appended at the end where XXX is the id of the user. If there is already a "?" in the URL, instead of "?partner_id=XXX", you should add "&partner_id=XXX".

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #73707

Yes.

But usually, it doesn't work like that. You have a menu item link to the affiliate program, the user subscribe himself to it on your frontend website and he will have the link himself using the banners that you configured in HikaShop. So it's automatic for you.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds