ACL, Hikashop and Affiliates area...

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #57189

Hi there,

I have just installed ACL Manager 2.0 [which I read was recommended in another post here]...

I was sad to see that it claimed that Hikashop was NOT Joomla ACL compliant and that as a result ACL Manager could only give very basic ACL access... I'd love to understand why you chose NOT to code Hikashop with standard Joomla ACL compatility at some point... it would at least allow people not to have to buy ACL Manager for certain situations like mine.

In the process of setting things up, I was able to restrict access to almost everything I wanted EXCEPT the Affiliate and the Help menus are still showing ???

Why were those exempted from Hikashop's Access Level area?

Can we please fix that so they too can be made invisible? [ I would have done it via Admin Panel Simplifier but unfortunately that module is only Joomla 1.5 compatible and I don't know Javascript well enough to adapt it [I converted the plugin to Joomla 2.5 but it doesn't work because of Javascript :( ]...

To me MORE precise, you see Sales, Affiliates and Help as the only menus options..
when you click on Affiliates you see Clicks and Affiliate Sales when you click on Clicks it says Access Forbidden - but I didn't configure that anywhere and why is it even showing up as an option if it is forbidden...

As for the Help menu, all 3 options work there... I'd prefer to be able to control which if any are available...

Thanks,
Sincerely,

Emmanuel for Ted.

P.S.:
If you want to test/see the environment, I can give you username/passwords of course

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 9 months ago #57291

Hi,

As you might know, HikaShop's first version was released in September 2010. Almost two years ago. The ACL system of Joomla didn't exist at that time. Actually, Only Joomla 1.5 existed. But we already had our own ACL system in HikaShop.
Since then, Joomla 2.5 was released with its new ACL system. We adapted HikaShop so that it could support both 1.5 and 2.5 and work the same for our users.
That's why you don't have the "options" popup in HikaShop as it only works on Joomla 2.5.

The affiliates menu uses the same views as the user menu. So it is controlled by the same ACL option. The user one.
For the clicks menu access, it is controlled by the order ACL option.

We don't have that "Access Forbidden" issue for the clicks menu on our end. I'm not sure why you would have that. Are you using the latest version of HikaShop ?

For the Help menu, we didn't feel necessary to have ACLs on it. We can easily add them.
Replace the files administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/menu/view.html.php and administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/config/tmpl/acl.php by these and you will be able to configure them.

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #57307

Yes I was aware of the earlier ACL than Joomla that Hikashop had adopted

Yes I am using the latest version of Hikashop [at least that I know of v1.5.8]

"The affiliates menu uses the same views as the user menu. So it is controlled by the same ACL option. The user one.
For the clicks menu access, it is controlled by the order ACL option"

for this new group, under User, I have NOTHING checked. [yet the Clicks options still shows up in the sub-menu under Affiliates and I still get the Access Forbidden.

for this new group, under Order, I have View and Manage as I need this group to be able to edit orders... just didn't want them to also have access Affiliate Sales.

Thank Nicolas for the help.

Emmanuel.

11 years 9 months ago #57326

Thanks for the files, they worked, now only have the issue Clicks/affiliate areas...

Cheers, Emmanuel.

11 years 9 months ago #57401

for this new group, under User, I have NOTHING checked. [yet the Clicks options still shows up in the sub-menu under Affiliates and I still get the Access Forbidden.

Normal. I said that the clicks menu uses the order ACL not the user ACL.

You could always remove them from the menu by editing the "default" file of the view "menu" of your back end template via the menu Display->Views.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tedstrauss

11 years 9 months ago #57451

Hi Nicolas,

Right but then that means 1 more view that I have to manage at each Hikashop upgrade... I already have 4 files/views I'm trying to keep it to an absolute minimum.

Thanks for the help as always.

Emmanuel.

P.S.: I appreciate the fact that the Affiliates is under the order ACL but each sub-menu option should have it's own no? that way it would be truly granular ACL support. :) and not have any dependencies which force you to edit core Hikashop files.

11 years 9 months ago #57549

I doubt that you will have any problem with updating with a modification in that file. The menu is here to stay.

It doesn't have a specific option because it's the same view with a different filter. Even if we were to remove it from the menu, the users would be able to access it via the URL.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds