user login problems

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #17953

hello all, I have looked at the forums and can't seem to find an answer to my problem, tried all the solutions but nothing works. I can't get past the login form after proceeding to checkout. the site is offline at the moment until it's finished, (not sure if this is the problem or not) I am using joomla 1.6.3 and hikashop 1.5.1. I think it is a great plugin but I feel I don't want to go much further if customers can't use it to buy anything. I am going to buy the commercial version once everything is ready and set up, if I get it sooner rather than later will this solve my problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 10 months ago #17957

What do you mean by you "can't get past the login form" ? Do you have an error ? What is displayed ?
If you don't see anything, that's probably because you have the user account activation on in Joomla and the messages are not displayed by your template.
When activation is on, HikaShop stops the checkout after the registration and send an email to you so that you can validate your account. It also displays a message telling you to check your emails. But if your template is not done according to standards, the messages won't be displayed. In that case, you have two possibilities:
1. Fix your template or ask your template provider to fix it: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tibility-issues.html
2. Deactivate the user account activation in the options of the user manager.

12 years 10 months ago #18042

I think it may be because the site is offline as when I brought it online temporarily it allowed me to login. I have deactivated account activation and it did nothing. Maybe the site has to be online to make it work properly.

12 years 10 months ago #18043

If joomla refuses new accounts with the website is in maintenance that could indeed be a problem.

12 years 10 months ago #18141

Any ideas?

12 years 10 months ago #18160

You're saying that the login works on your checkout when the site is not in maintenance but doesn't when it is ?

I'm not following you. If your website is in maintenance, then, you have to be logged in to access it. So, of course, you don't have to login during the checkout since you're already logged in. Or did I miss something ?

12 years 10 months ago #18271

Yes that's correct I am logged in when in maintenance but when I get to checkout I can't get past the login screen (I have attached a screenshot) If I log in on this page it says to create an address or choose one but there are no options to choose an address and when I create an address with the form nothing happens, no error messages it just still says please create or select an address.

Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #18290

Could you give us an access to your website so that we can see the problem ?

12 years 10 months ago #18364

How can I send you details of login without everybody seeing?

12 years 10 months ago #18384

You can use our contact form: www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

12 years 10 months ago #18413

hi sent you a message, but after i sent it i checked and it was working with that account so probably the account i am using there is something wrong see second message i sent

12 years 10 months ago #18501

The problem comes from the fact that the admin user (that you're using) in hikashop is not linked to its joomla record. You should: delete the orders of that user and delete it in hikashop. Then, logout/login on the front end with that user and hikashop should resynchronize the user and it should work again.

12 years 10 months ago #18551

Thanks that worked fine, how did it happen? or is it too complex to explain.

12 years 10 months ago #18558

I don't know how it happened. One theory is that you tried to delete the user in HikaShop but since it had orders attached to it it displayed an error message telling you to first delete the orders and unsynched the user in HikaShop from the user in joomla. But since you didn't delete the orders and then the user, the system had that problem.
But it might come from something else...
Anyway, we've changed a bit the code for next release so that such problem do not happen in the future.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds