I am new to this please help

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #53735

Hello, I am new to Joomla and HikaShop. I understand how to create a product and get the code to paste into an article. What I would like to do is a list of products. Also, how to a but a login option for customers. How do I put my bank information for people to pay me.

Basically all I know how to do is create a product.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53821

Hi,

Here is a tutorial which explains how to create a listing of products:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu

Login will be done automatically during the checkout. There is nothing to handle here. If you want, you can potentially add the login module of joomla on your website via the joomla module manager.

You can't have your users money go directly to your bank account. Usually, you register with a payment platform like PayPal (the simplest one) and you configure the corresponding plugin via the menu System->Payment methods with the information of your payment platform (PayPal just need the email of your PayPal account).
Then, when users pay on your website, the money goes to your PayPal account, and then you can transfer the money from your PayPal account to your bank account.

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 10 months ago #53927

kessler wrote: Hello, I am new to Joomla and HikaShop...

If you are new to both, and quite possibly databases, then you have a bit of a mountain to climb. You will get there, but try not to get too frustrated at how quickly you can do it :-).

I have seen people in similar positions who have the expectation of being live within a couple of weeks and then throwing in the towel.

Lots of people around to help.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #53962

Thank-you so much for your help and encouraging words. I am learning it and other than locking myself out of the back end one time, its coming along nicely.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds