Business edition- some questions

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54031

I'm building a wholesale site for someone, and before I upgrade to the business edition, I have a coupe of questions.

1. If I hide prices to non logged in, non registered customers, will those prices be visible when logged in?

2. Can I replace description of products for non logged in customers as in this example? www.rjbstone.com/product.php/3631/232/ba...489505f2d9ea82c80b80

3. Can customers register then have registration validated by site owners before activating account?

4. When ordering products, is it possible when reaching payment methods, to have checkbox that says something like " Please add to my credit account" as an option instead of paying immediately? The order would then be processed by site owners and invoice amount added to customers own credit account offline.

5. Is there a help guide for setting up Worldpay on the way? And when will payments be transparent, ie when will customers payments be processed on site and not redirected to worldpay.

many thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 10 months ago #54049

Hello,

1. It's possible with the Business version with which you can restrict prices to groups of users. That way you could restrict all the prices to all the groups except the not registered group. Then, all the products will be displayed as "Free" for non logged in users. Then, you can go in the config under the tab languages and override the "Free" translation to something else like "Please login onto the website" or something like that.

3. Yes, you'll just have to go to "Administrator->Usermanager->Opitons" and set the "New User Account Activation" to ADMIN

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #54121

2. That will require a small customization of the code in the file "show_default" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views but it's possible.

4. You could repurpose the collect on delivery plugin for that by changing the name/description of the payment plugin and some translations via the translation override system, as explained by Mohamed.

5. There is no documentation for the worldpay plugins so far. Last time I checked, the two payment gateway systems proposed by worldPay were the Business gateway and the Global gateway (which they are not advertising anymore apparently), none of which allow you to process payments directly on your website. So you would have to ask worldpay first if they are planning on adding such gateway on their end.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

11 years 10 months ago #54500

Thanks for the replies but I am stuck on point 1.

It seems as though there are three places where you can set the option to display prices or not. In configuration, in associated module and by access level in product price. What is the hierarchy of these? I have set prices to display to YES in configuration, but in my product I have restricted price to access level of registered, but prices are always visible!

What is the correct way to do this?

Thanks

11 years 10 months ago #54517

There is only one place where you should change the prices display:
In the prices' access level interface in the product edition page.

11 years 9 months ago #56287

Thanks All

I have completed points 1-4, and managed to reconfigure the plugin and have created a new access level for account holders, so only they will see the option to add to their existing credit account.

I have also edited the registration page, but this amended registration also shows when I try to add a new address in checkout. Why is that? And how can I change this so adding a new address only adds a new address not everything else I need for registration?

Worldpay is next!!

Thanks in advance

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by unclefudgly.

11 years 9 months ago #56296

I have investigated further, and I cannot edit shipping address at all!! The iframe window opens to edit your address, but on pressing "OK", the window stays open and no changes are ever saved. The same happens if I choose to create a new address, this is also happening when trying to edit or create a new address in "my account" (user account).

What is going on??

11 years 9 months ago #56372

Could you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?
It's hard to say without more information on how your setup HikaShop.

11 years 9 months ago #56377

Hi Nicolas I've PM'ed you link and admin access

thanks

11 years 9 months ago #56462

Hi,

You had that problem:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/5...pup-not-working.html

I've done it for you and it's working fine now.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: unclefudgly

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds