Continue shopping URL and different languages

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54803

Hi,

I'm using a multi-language site, using the Joomla built in multi-language capability.
Now, when wanting to use the "Continue shopping" URL, I can only put in one URL, thus pointing to one language.

Is there any way to fix this, except for hacking the code and using language variables in there?

Thx!

B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #54834

Hi,

You can add a contentxml file for the hikashop_config table and translate that configuration field via Falang (or JoomFish)'s interface. That should then allow the system to use a different URL for a different language.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bcnx

11 years 10 months ago #55497

Thx Nicolas.

I don't use either for translation but rather the native translation capabilities of Joomla, but your post made me do the following - very ugly - hack in step.php

$lang_bnt =& JFactory::getLanguage();
                        $locales_bnt = $lang_bnt->getLocale();
                                // echo $locales_bnt[0];
                                if ( $locales_bnt[0] == 'nl_NL.utf-8' ) {
                                echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,JRoute::_( '/nl/bestellen' ),'window.location=\''.'\';return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_shopping_button"');
                                }
                                if ( $locales_bnt[0] == 'fr_FR.utf8' ) {
                                 echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,JRoute::_( '/fr/commander' ),'window.location=\''.'\';return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_shopping_button"');
                                }

I do realize this will be possibly erased by an upgrade, but it for now it works;

Cheers again,

BC

11 years 10 months ago #55578

If you do it via the menu Display->views, you won't loose your changes are they will be saved as an override file.

11 years 10 months ago #55613

I don't quite get that I'm afraid,

BC

11 years 10 months ago #55686

In the menu Display->Views of the backend, you can edit the file "step" of the view "checkout". You will get the same file as the original file. But what's great about it is that when you save your changes, it will save them in an override file in your template folder and it will be used instead of the default one.
So that when you update HikaShop, that file won't change and you will keep your changes.

11 years 10 months ago #55720

got it, thx!!

11 years 7 months ago #67592

What about files that are not in that list (for instance /administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/email.php )can those be overridden too in this way?

cheers,

BC

11 years 7 months ago #67874

No, they can't be overridden like views via that interface.
For these, you would have to override them via a joomla system plugin:
my.safaribooksonline.com/book/web-develo...plugins/ch05lev1sec8
The link describes how to override a joomla core file, but it also works for HikaShop classes.
As the link explains, that's an advanced topic.

• edesigner
10 years 7 months ago #124466

Hi, i have the same issue about continue shopping button URL for multi-language site, it is pointing to one language. I have the latest version Hikashop Business 2.2.1 on Joomla 3.1.5 and i have purchased the Falang extension (1.3.1). I can't see any option for Hika_config. I want to add a contentxml file for the hikashop_config table and translate that configuration field via Falang. Would you please help me how to do it, i don't have much knowledge on web development.
Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 7 months ago #124544

Hi,

Using Falang and the content overriding. You can override the hikashop_config table for the config_namekey "checkout_itemid".
This line contains the ItemId of the checkout menu. By changing this configuration, you change the menu (which have a specific alias/url).

I am not specialized with Falang and his content override system but I am quite sure that is possible.
Maybe there are some falang documentation which explain how do it.
With the table, the column and the id, you should be able to make the modification using Falang.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds